Post Vasectomy Questions..

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just wanted to get a feeling for how other people progressed after surgery. Had mine 5 days ago and have experience no pain at all really. I have no trouble walking or sitting or anything.

There does seem to be a little swelling on the left side, which is a little sensitive, just wondered if anyone else had this and whether it will reduce over time.

Cheers!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yeah I'm near on 6 weeks post vas and I've not suffered any pains my left testicle has been raised up and hard but now is softening and dropping, what you can do is go to your docs and get an ultrasound done to check em over to give you peace of mind and even get referred to a urologist but that's if any issues are persistent, a 15 minute procedure quick and easy but for our jewels it's major trauma so give it time it should all settle down.
  • Posted

Long may it stray that way for you.

I had vasectomy in Nov 2012 and after crippling pain was diagnosed with bi lateral scrotal Post Vasectomy Pain Syndrome in Feb 2013.

Life since the vasectomy has been sheer hell and am currently on high dose morphine to help control the pain.

Consultant on 29th July agreed that "after 18 months of hell a reversal would now be best option to try and control your level of pain"

Ejaculations hurt like hell, so as you can guess sex has been missing for about 18 months

cheers

• Posted

Thanks for the input guys. I do consider myself lucky so far. I am getting the odd dull ache but they are few and far between. My main thing was just the swelling on the left side and whether the lump was just a bit of temporary inflammation from the body adjusting after surgery.

I do feel for those that aren't so lucky and I hope you get a solution soon. No-one should have to suffer so much for such a simple routine procedure.

• Posted

DON'T worry about the sweling - it is a very sensitive area and will swell at slightest injury let alone a vasectomy - should die down for you within about 10 days.

The sensitivity will also die down. You can help both the swelling and sensitivity by wearing really supportive underwear and take brufen / paracetamol with 2hrs between eg brufen 08:00hrs paracetamol 10:00hrs and so on - allows 4 hrs between each type of drug and keeps pain relief active

• Posted

Sounds normal to me. You often get swelling. All should be back to normal within a couple of weeks. If not see your GP
  • Posted

The worst pain I had was after a shower on day 4. The first time I had stood with no support.  Other than that I was fine. I would recommend the bath or wearing underwear in the shower for a couple of weeks though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.