Prp injection last hope !

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have plantar fasciitis  for  more than  6 months , I  did  shockwave therapy ,, naproxen,,,, heel cups and  shoe inserts,nigh splints,Stretching, Ice massage  and the walking boot with no results. My fascia is 7 mm thick with a tear of 1/2cm . so...... I am desparate  and in lots of pain . next thursday I  wil have the prp injection  and I will like to hear that is hope  after that anyone has the experince and like to share  please !!!!!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I tried that with no luck at all, however someone else on this site has had some success - the one thing as far as i know is that it is unlikely to make it worse. interesting that you describe a significant thickening - my latest surgeon has viewed the MRI and shown me that I have NO thickening and he thinks what has been diagnosed as PF for the last 18 years may not be - that might raise your hopes as if mine wasn't PF then the PRP may have never been any use to start with. Go for it and be patient.
  • Posted

Hi, I hope you find some relief from the injection. 

I have suffered with PF in both feet for 3 years now.  I have had insoles, special shoes, 10 injections, some under ultra sound, physio, my calf muscles have both been surgically released which only made a little difference. I am now having shock wave therapy ( got my 10th app this week ) . My surgeon has given up on me saying a PF release isn't a good idea yet I have to pay for my treatment which is costly and I am off work because of it :-( 

• Posted

Thanks for your replay , I have to stay no weight bearing on the foot  for 6 weeks in aircast  boot   my doctor told me ,   he also order shoes inserts .........lets see  . I am in Canada the treatment is expensive but willing to try anything before surgery .I will do 3 injections in 2weeks period  I will let you know the results .I wish was more reserch on it .but willing to help others  from my experience  if i can .becouse i know this is hell .
  • Posted

Thanks for your replay , I have to stay no weight bearing on the foot  for 6 weeks in aircast  boot   my doctor told me ,   he also order shoes inserts .........lets see  . I am in Canada the treatment is expensive but willing to try anything before surgery .I will do 3 injections in 2weeks period  I will let you know the results .I wish was more reserch on it .but willing to help others  from my experience  if i can .becouse i know this is hell .
    • Posted

Just be careful - 6 weeks will cause a lot of muscle wastage in your foot and legs - this may aggrivate teh injury when you begin walking as the muscles that hold everything together will be weaker - i suggest yo ueither get to a physio or do non-weigh-bearing exercises yourself - slowly and when warm!
  • Posted

I will Ray, thanks for the advice . I had the best dream last night that I can walk an run withaut pain  made me so happy !!!
  • Posted

Please let us know how it went..im supposed to be having my foot done in May...with this PRP treatment..
  • Posted

Sure I will tell you !!!!
  • Posted

I wished I could give you the hope we all need....I've had 2 injections the first was great the second made no difference at all....I'm having open release surgery and the removal of a large lipoma in 2 weeks, I hope the first injection works for you 😄
  • Posted

HI Kim let us know how the surgery went and how you feel after . Thinking of you  best of luck we all need it !!!
  • Posted

Today I will have the Prp injection  and just found out that is no anesthesia  so good luck to me , i let you know after how it went
  • Posted

all went well I had anesthesia , but still very painful , 2 more to go !!!!I
  • Posted

3 Days were very painful, now i am much better , not looking forward for the secound one but i have no choise..
  • Posted

2nd injection very painful hope is worth it!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.