Up to date list of what you can eat & what you should avoid?

Posted , 8 users are following.

i think I read that there is a new list of what you can eat and what you should try to avoid to try to avoid flare ups - does anyone know where I can find this information? Evidently some foods that it was thought could start a flare up no evidence had been found to say that they all could categorically do so.

i would just like the latest up to date list if this is at all possible as I am new to all this having been newly diagnosed .thank you if you can advice?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

My personal problem foods are anything with orange grease such as:

Pizza

Chili

Spagetti

Things cooked in fried grease. It seems to me it traps food into the pockets and causes the flares. Could be wrong but it always happens.

• Posted

i follow the "FODMAP DIET"...it works great for me when i have a flare up or any other stomach problem....i can eat and feel satisfied (not like i am starving)...it would be better if you look it up than for me to explain it to you...i agree with sam about the orange grease foods, but it only happens half the time with me...who knows why...feel better and good luck.
  • Posted

Hi hun I agree with what's been said already,I can't eat pizza anymore its the tomatoes they are like acid in my stomach its trial and error with me I eat what I want then if I have a flare up after I make a not of it but its more acidity stuff I find makes it flare up,I suggest you try foods then make a note if it upset things,I hope you go on OK xxx
  • Posted

There is a thread called DIVI DINERS here which may be useful. As a general rule avoid anything with nuts, seeds, pips or skins that you can't peel off. Tomatoes feature badly as they have skins, pips and are acidic so I avoid them on the whole, likewise grapes.
  • Posted

I have been thinking about the problems I have with certain foods. My sister had been told by an Asian friend that you should always drink warn drinks with your food while eating to help things pass easier. As for me I believe the cold drinks I drink may slow down the greasy food that is being passes through intestines. Slowing it down may also cause the food to get trapped in pouches. I am going to try this and see if it helps any. 
    • Posted

Interesting Sam......I keep water at room temp. And I usually have tea with my meals.

• Posted

Hey anything is worth trying. I know when I go to Thai or Japanese restaurants I always have hot tea with meal. Might be something to it and maybe not. Worth trying. At home I have usually cold tea or cold water.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.