Pituitary Tumour

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys. Has anyone experienced a twitching eye whilst having a Pituitary Tumour? My last scan in December showed my tumour was 1.4cm. For the past few weeks my left eye twitches at randome times during the day. Anyone else experience this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kimberley,

I have similar size tumour - i get pulsating pains behind my right eye on a weekly basis.  

However, it's not so much of a twitching.

S

• Posted

Dear Kimberly. 

I am a Doctor I had a pituitary macroadenoma which was slightly bigger than yours. 2.9cm he the same twitches one the left eye also and was done an operation which came out quite well but developed more severe symptoms after symptoms free period of 5years. Was found to ve developed a sinus mucocoele which was 3.9 x2.9 cm it was operated on. But still  had twitches after which I was put on Sodium Valproate 500mg once a day and I hve improved. Please go consult your Neurophysician. 

• Posted

my tumour was 5cm.  I had no twitching but had sudden loss of vision in one eye due to the tumour pressing on the optic nerve.  The vision came back immediately after tumour removed.  Heahaches were constant too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.