Very heavy and long time periods

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi i just wanted to know if anyone has any advice my daughter is 14 and is very heavy and on her periods for nearly 10 days at a time ,i went to my doctors she had a lon talk and got my daughter crying. They put her on the pill called Microgynon 30ED and she is still the same nothin has changed she has missed so many days at school with being heavy and leeking a lot  the doctors says it will steady out but when?

Thanks for reading Deborah

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Deborah

Sorry to ear about your daughter. As she so young and already suffering with this heavy period.

I can simpatizing with your daughter and your pain as I suffer from the same myself.

All I can do is pray for your daughter as a Christian I strongly believe that God can do everything and anything because nothing is impossible for Him.

Best wishes

Maria

• Posted

Hi Deborah,

I would keep taking her back to the doctor until you find something that works. I have been on mefamenic acid and tranexamic acid, they have helped a lot with the bleeding. If she has already tried the pill for a month and nothing has changed it's time to take her back to the doctor for them to prescribe something else.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi , feel awful for your daughter, she should be enjoying herself at school, not worrying about bleeding everywhere. I agree go back to the doc as it can take months for the pill to start working and get the abve 2 drugs as they can ease bleeding. Maybe she can also try noretheroine which can delay periods for when she has exams and stuff. 

Sending hugs to her.xx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.