Diclofenac

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I have been given Diclofenac for migraine relief and for period pains.

Does anyone have any advice for taking them as i was only given limited information.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello dawn. I can see why the doctor has given you Diclofenac for period pains but I've never heard it given for migraines. Do you get migraines when you're having a period?
    • Posted

No i dont, but he said they would help with easing migraines as well, i have had used them and they do work extremely well for migraines.
    • Posted

What is it you want to know? The leaflet in the box with the medication has a lot of information.
    • Posted

That would hav been very helpful however there was not a leaflet in my box as the pharmacy had put two packs inside a white box most unhelpful

When can I start these for period pain? Day before? When cramps etc start?

I'm only trialling these for now to see how I get on as they are having trouble sourcing the mefenamic acid I was using.

• Posted

Hello Dawn. I would start taking them as soon as you start to get any pain. If you want the leaflet just google Diclofenac and you'll find it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.