withdrawing from amitriptyline

Posted , 4 users are following.

free from amitriptyline 3 wks. still very sweaty and only sleeping 4 hrs. when will normal sleep pattern come back?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

oh dear that sounds bad, I'm only just starting Amitriptyline so got something else to look forward too now argh!. 
  • Posted

Hi Margrate, I have been taking amitriptyline for short period and couldn't tolerate the adverse effect then after consulting my Gp, I had to stop and switched with other medication. It depends on how long you have been taking and the dose you were taking. I personally didn't suffer any adverse effect but amitriptyline itself made me experience sleepy, light headed and other awful feelings. It seems that 3 weeks is still an early stage and I would encourage you to do more different activity daily and avoid nabs during the daytime, mindfulness excersice is seen as helpful. We all different when it comes our body system and how our brain processess and re-adapts the previous system and routine. It's also helpful to take your mind off for while. I hope this may help.

Safiya

• Posted

ive just started amatriptaline 1 month ago i have also started decresing tramadol and dhc hope you sleep soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.