2 years since operation

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi folks,

i am now almost 2 years since my operation. i appreciate that i am very lucky in that my levels are now good and i am in remission.

i just wanted to ask how others may feel in a similiar stage. i still find that i am very tired. i could literally stay in bed if i were able to. it just seems as if everything is a struggle to do.

how are others feeling at this stage of the process??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had a pituitary gland adenoma but was able to avoid surgery with medication.  Ask dr to check your Iron Studies - not just Iron.

• Posted

I also had the surgery two years ago.  I am tired much of the time and feel on a different planet.I have had frequent sinus infections and a feeling of general ill health. All my bloods are normal so I wonder if this is as good as it gets.
    • Posted

I know how you are feeling. Im told all my levels are surprisingly good but every day I'm exhausted. I'm starting to also think it won't be any better than this.

I just tell friends and family I'm ok now. They must be tired of me saying differently!!

• Posted

One year since surgery. GH levels have been on the rise for past 6 months and I am scheduled to start injections of lanreotide (90mg) very soon.  Fatigue is worse than pre-surgury and it is difficult to function each day.  Does anyone have suggestions for coping ??  Will this get better ??
  • Posted

hi, am now 4 years post surgery and 3 years post radiotherapy.

finally finally energy levels are picking up now.

nothing like previous ie pre-intervention or when tumour was at its biggest.

but at least am able to do things and able to do a few hours of work a day.

but still not fully functioning ie if i do a 'full' day of work one day then i need to take it easy the following day. when i try 2 'full' days in a row i am on another planet afterwards.

have you looked on the pituitary foundation website? they have a lot of information, which may be of use. also a forum.

and yes, every so often i have times when I could sleep forever.

this has all become easier as i have got used to it. i try to follow advice of counsellor to 'be kind to myself' and of endocrine sister to 'take things a day at a time'. so when i cannot do something i used to be able to do i try and not think about my regression and instead just sleep/slob/do what i feel like.

good luck all.

• Posted

sorry - meant to say energy levels are nothing like pre-intervention or pre-tumour!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.