My brother got acid reflex and cant able to breathe

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

Actaually my brother got synus surgery in throat at january,My brother got refexion 2 times for past one month.oneday while he is eating its just choked and cant able to breathe for a minute with some sound in throat.After 2 days one mid night he again felt breatheless and awake and went for clinic to get back his beathe normal.Thereafter we discuss with ENT surgeriant doctar said its of acid reflextion and will cure it slowly.Even he hates all night and fear of sleeping.How to recover him to a normal guy.Since he is only 25 years old.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Most patients with GERD/LPR  experience an increase in the severity of symptoms (usually heartburn or coughing and choking) while sleeping or attempting to sleep. If the acid backs up as far as the throat and larynx, the sleeper will wake up coughing and choking. If the acid only backs up as far as the esophagus the symptom is usually experienced as heartburn. I t happened to me  before and I thought I was gonna die. I woke up in the middle of the night gasping for breath.the kind you see in horror or thriller movies when they wake up from a nightmare.Some people with GERD have irregular breathing patterns that's why we tend to have insomnia or  interrupted sleep.Some of the treatments to consider would be weight loss, which is also kinda difficult cause there were soem exercises that limits you from doing some abdominal exercises or to much bending which will trigger reflux.or through aid of a machine known as CPAP it;s a machine that feeds air to help them in their breathing. It would be wise to discuss your options with your GP.

Take care for nowsmile

• Posted

Hi,

Thanks for your assist.He is having continous hiccups for past 2 days.We spoke with GR he gave some medicines for it.And now its stpped.Am in fear that is that  acid reflextions are curable ot uncurable?Since he is in young age facing lot of struggles in his most joyful age time.

• Posted

Total change of lifestyle needed here Brayan.  Curable: worry not!!  Eat small amounts of food at a time...2/3 hours, very well chewed and slowly.  Gargle in mornings and through day with saline solution using rock salt to stimulate stomach ready for food.  Never eat after 6.30pm and no drinks either for 12 hours til 6.30am.  Throat/gut takes healing over 72 hours but body needs a rest.  NO alcohol, no caffeine of any kind; alkaline water pH9+ from a water filter: drink LOTS LOTS of only ALKALINE water; two bricks/large books under bed legs at top today.  Buy slippery elm powder and use 4 times a day as a porridge-type drink to coat throat and stomach and intestines.  Also take aloe vera 20 minutes before a meal.  Start day with a glass of warm water and tsp of lemon juice.  Drink same again after a meal...lots of water between meals/snacks.  NO chocolate, fatty, fried, spicy foods.  You must change eating habits immediately as I have.  Chew gum without sugar and peppermint between meals for saliva.  Good luck!!!!   Hiccups is diaphram gone daft.  Small amount of food then drink does help!!
    • Posted

Hi

Thanks for the such a brief advice sandy.Now he is fine and continues his diet and changed his lifestyle totally,Even i have a small doubt that is it need to have CT scan to check whether all parts are working finely as well as how long  he has to continue his diet?

CT or endoscopy which one have to take?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.