Cows Milk

Posted , 7 users are following.

Having virtually eliminated reflux problems by making many chances to my diet and habits I have discovered one thing that sets me off. Milk. Skimmed, semi skimmed or whole, fresh or longlife. Not cream, just milk. As I only put it in tea I thought it might be tea but if I drink tea without milk I am fine. Anyone know what I could use instead of cows milk. Not soya as I tried it once and it is utterly revolting to me.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have alot of coconut milk. I buy cartons of it in tescos. In the long life milk isle. Its lovely

Clare x

• Posted

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I am going to look into them all. Coconut milk sounds especially nice.
    • Posted

Coconut milk is fantastic. You will definitely win with that one. Good luck with keeping healthy
  • Posted

Goats milk is supposed too be good
  • Posted

wow Dyezee,...how comfortng to know you've resolved your reflux...one smart and lucky patient....when Gastroentrologists met in their last symposium, "they could not agree" on a specific  cause other than "genetics intolerances"..same as all diseases.

And what excellent forum members, clare, derek, tamsy...all good possibilites...rice milk is what another patient offered (another forum)  suppose you'll try each to see "how it goes"... Ann

• Posted

Hi dyezee have you tried lactose free milk ? It maybe lactose you have a problem with .

just a thought if cream is ok for you could you water it down and use that in tea. It maybe something they do in pasteurising it and that's why cream is ok  because it's skimmed off before treatment !

possibly milk straight from a farm with no treatment could work. They add   Things for a longer shelf life pure milk goes off in 2/3days I'm not saying it will work but we got to try.

things we do to food to make it last longer can't all be good !

I know soya milk is urrrh in tea but I find it ok on cereals

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.