Today's the day (stitches out)

Posted , 7 users are following.

Well wish me luck! More nervous today than the operation itself! Lol. I'll let you know how I get on later, I'll try to take photos, but it may make me I'll. Lol 

3 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Best wishes for a good visit. My first week out, the doctor simply cleaned the entire foot with alcohol and redressed the incision after examining the surgical site and checking my range of motion. My suture (it's a long running one) is absorbable. I hope that you're doing well over all.
    • Posted

Thank you for your time to reply. I'm doing good. I must stick to following drs advice for the for see able, I'm really pleased and have a fab dr! Stitches were a tiny big nippy but that's ok all good progress x I met a lady in the waiting room who has had an awful time. Her op was the same day as me but she unfortunately had to go back twice with bleeding. I've been so lucky. My dr was over the moon at how they looked.
    • Posted

ive only been 6 days so i probably wont get stitches out this thurs.maybe next week. Ive been lucky as far as pain, i didnt take oxy too long, now im off the advill too,im just sick of watching tv all day and sitting
  • Posted

good luck rae, mine come out on thurs,
    • Posted

Bev I survived! Two little nippy bits but that's me lol very weird feeling being free of bandages and letting the fresh air get to my feet bliss! No more bandages. On the left foot the big toe has drifted to the right so a big gap, but this is the foot with hammer toe too x dr very happy but has put a compression bandage on to wear in the day and take off at night x left foot ruddy marvelous! X no weight bearing for another four weeks still have to wear those lovely shoes haha x
  • Posted

You will do fine getting stitches out does not hurt at all had mine taken out last week
    • Posted

Im glad to hear that Im.just about a month post op on my right foot and 2 weeks on the left and bord out of my mind
  • Posted

hi rae.... i hope you have had them out by now, but i must say mine was taken out two weeks after op... omg it was awful, the wound was still very sore and swollen and the stitches were very tight, i had to have two lots taken out because i had double bunion removal and hammer toe correction, it took nearly two hours, inbetween i thought i was going to pass out, my pain barrier is pretty good but this was so painful, infact the nurse left two in there and today i had my pin removed, bit stingy but compared to stitches it was ok... even pulling the two stiches out today hurt, i do hope your ok and say the worse is over with now... keep strong and best wishes for recovery x
    • Posted

Im.sorry your experience was so bad that's why I say this form is good for information but every single person is different and everyone's experience of the different also my doctor told me that everyone surgery is a little bit different and the recovery is different for every single person to
  • Posted

Once those stitches come out, you feel so much better. Congratulations on making it to the next step biggrin
    • Posted

Your right clairegen! I do feel better but also as I now have no bandages I strangely feel vulnerable as all I have is the shoes and feet!!!!! Does that make sense. I'm very nervous now
    • Posted

I completely understand what you mean. A lot of the time my foot is out in the open now. It felt really strange in the beginning, like my foot was vulnerable, like you said. And honestly I imagine it kind of is. As long as you're careful, you'll get used to it. I actually love having my foot out now, especially in the shower. Once your foot gets stronger, especially the muscles, you'll be way less nervous.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.