Leg and feet swelling

Posted , 6 users are following.

My GP said it is all part of the PMR. Told me to keep feet elevated will take 1-2 weeks for steroids to help. 

Only been on them 5 days and 15 mg

they sent other blood work away to check MS.     Lupus. And etc

takes longer to get it back.

Thanks for reply info.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Fluid retention - which I always find much worse in hot weather - is one of the symptoms of PMR and can also be a side effect of steroids.  I think I got the double whammy.

There really isn't much more you can do at present except keeping your feet elevated as much as possible and also drink more water (sounds silly, but it does help to keep it moving).

There are also diuretic foods that you can try, I can only remember cucumber and melon right now, but if you have a look round I'm sure there's a list of them.

• Posted

exercise helps-it really does.something mild like walking. also I drink cranberry tea and dandelion tea. that helps too. avoid salt at all cost. and drink water. it sounds counterintuitive but it works.
  • Posted

Hi, I am suffering the same thing, not necessarily feet/legs but hands and arms and I'm sure other parts of my body.  Fennel, asparagus, garlic are some other natural directics.  Good luck on your PMR journey.  Regards Pat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.