Pain in shoulder

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi all Today all day, i have had a dull pain in the lower half of my shoulder blade, my gut feeling tells me its nothing to do with my PMR, what do you good people think  

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hard to say Liz are you currently reducing?Sometimes this can cause some aches.
  • Posted

Liz, have you been over doing things, gardening, carrying shopping bags, dusting, well the list goes on. All sorts of things can trigger pain as our muscles are now exercise intolerant and so get peeved very quickly and tell us so if we use them too much.

i often wake with an odd pain here or there and they soon go. Unless you're in the process of a reduction I wouldn't much worry but obviously if it gets worse see your GP. Regards, christina 

• Posted

Never, ever put eveything down to pred.

Your gut instinct is probably right, a visit to your GP is called ofr.

• Posted

Liz, I experienced shoulder blade pain once I reached the very low doses - couldn't rest my back against a chair.  A physio found knots in the muscles around the area which he treated with gentle massage and heat, resolving all the pain within a few sessions.  It's very easy to injure our steroid-weakened muscles - as Christina has asked, have you been lugging something heavy around or something similar?  Do get it checked out.
  • Posted

Hi Liz,  

It could be caused from sleeping in the wrong position to indigestion and the best place to bring your concern is to your GP.  

Audrey

• Posted

hi there , weeeel i too have pain in my shoulder ,so much so i couldnt stand it any longer , i have been off prednisone since last august ,so the doc sent me for xray and scan of shoulder , well it came back to arthritus in one part and infamed in another , a cortazone injection was not the answer , so we agreed i just take panamax , and a rub of something on the knob , i couldnt turn over in bed without pain , i had trouble dressing and getting dry after a shower was murder , its funny how many times you kneed to use that part of your body hey , anyway i woke up the other morning thinking i would have a cup of coffee for a change instesd of tea , well that day i must have had about 5 cups of coffee , i had my nanny nap about 2 pm , woke up an hour later ,, no pain ,, but the twinge was still in the joint lol , that night i just snuggled down to sleep with a smie on my face , but , at 2 am i woke with a hell of a headache , and all the pain back again lol so i vowed to myself ,,no more coffee lol now it will go away but im changeing my diet again ,lol no caffine ,,no white bread ,,no tomatoes ,,no white spuds , no capcicum ,, definately no sugar , no condaments except applecider vinegar , sooo with all that planned i wake up this morning and have a small cup of coffee lol so you are what you eat hey lol sorry but i refuse to give in completely and good luck , i refuse to let old father time have his way x lol excuse the spelling 
  • Posted

Thanks for all your comments, havnt been doing anything out the ordinary always busy like most of us dont want to vegitate just yet. I have looked for a Bowen Therapist an can only find one, i live in Drayton, Oxfordshire so if anyone knows of one i look forward to hearing from you. I will livew with my shoulder till Monday then might take myself of to the Drs 
    • Posted

There are about 4 I found in Oxford by googling Bowen Therapists Oxford UK and two in Abingdon used same search just deleted Oxford and inserted Abingdon.

These two cities are near you.

• Posted

Hi Liz   I get that lower shoulder pain from time to time also.  It used to be in my right shoulder now it is on my left.  Massage helps a lot and on those worse days I have paracetamol    I thought it was my PMR and that I'd done something to make it worse..... ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.