foot pain, wrong diagnosis, doctors not listening please help me.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello I'm new here but feel this is my only option I have left.

5 years ago I suffered with plantar fasciitis in my left foot.

7 woks ago I started getting pain similar in my left foot. I started the the stretches and things for my other foot but it got worse. Worried I had broke it I attended A&E they listened to my problem didn't really look at it just said yes it's plantar fasciitis told me to rest it gave me crutches because I was unable to walk on it. I have been using crutches for 3 weeks now and doing stretches ect but still it's getting worse I have been to my doctor twice again they haven't looked at it just wrote me a sick note told me to stay off it.

I don't think it is PF. Yes I have heal pain like walking on lego burning sensation round the back of my foot and across the arch of my foot and is worse in the mornings. But I also have pain down the bones from my little toe to my heel worse to touch it. And across the inside of my foot too and across the ball of my foot. If I sit and rest even only for 5 mins the pain is so bad when I stand again I feel like crying. It's also effecting my knee where I already have a problem as I have no cartalidge on my knee and I suffer with pain in that to. Anyone with any clues as to what I can do please as my doctors just don't seem intrested and I don't think I can go back to A&E as it's not an emergency. I really can't take the pain much more but feel at a loss....

I am 36 over weight and 5ft 6" tall female generally fit and well.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Wow - not a fan of your doctors...did you see a podiatrist?  did they do an ultrsound of the foot? or xrays?
    • Posted

No I'm not either :-( never had an xray or ultrasound nothing just told to rest. The pain is so bad I can't walk on my foot at all and I can feel the pain beginning in my last foot again to. What also makes me doubt it's PF is the pain has woken me in the night a few times. I haven't seen a podiatrist because the NHS doesn't cover podiatry any more and the physio for my knee problem won't touch my feet tells me to go private for podiatry so I'm feeling more at a loss because I can't afford private atm due to being off work from not being able to walk. I seem to be fighting a losing battle.
  • Posted

I had same symptoms, which went completely after a couple

of weeks after I stopped taking simvastatin,

you have nothing to lose by coming off them for a few weeks

if the doc's insist you stay on them, you insist on a

different product

• Posted

After I come off what? The crutches? That is all I have been given and told to take paracetamol and ibuprofen as and when needed.
  • Posted

Hi,  Just read this post and I thought I would give you an idea.  You have to be strong and tell your GP what you want.  Tell them to refer you to an osteopath or at the very least a podiatrist.  This is the first I have heard of the NHS UK not paying for podiatry and I think not.  I am under an osteopath at the moment awaiting a second operation on my other foot (NHS).  I am not advocating you have an operation but at least they will MRI scan your foot to find out what is going on and if they can help they will.  I started by seeing a podiatrist who referred me to the osteopath as they scanned my feet and found extra bones in my feet that cause me problems.  Good luck.  Do not be fobbed off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.