Frozen shoulder in both shoulders

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had FS since 2/14 in left now I believe stage 3 .  I seriously was at wits end.  It was So bad.  Never been so sick for so long.  Got very frustrated with orthopedics.  Had 3 cortisone shots. 2 months of pt. tons of pain melds and ibuprofen etched.  It stopped hurting in my right arm all the time in 10/15.  Then it was in left since then.  Just starting to get better no pain at night.  Just stiffness.  There is an end in sight.  So happy.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

So glad you're seeing the end to this. I'm 3 months post MUA in my right shoulder. Left seems to be niggling now, unsure why. Really hoping it's not going to come in other shoulder. Pain around shoulder blade and aching and feeling bit bruised on top of other shoulder!

Oh to get life back to normal.

• Posted

Hi Ann,

I am booked for MUA for my right shoulder (frozen for 23 months) on Aug 26 but think I will cancel as my left shoulder (frozen for 11 months) is still very painful. Did you have a lot of pain after the MUA? I can finally aleep on the right but movement is quite limited. What's your advice?

Lala

• Posted

Hi,

I did have pain afterwards for quite a few weeks but not as bad as the pain before!

My surgeon did it to help with pain control and so I did not get some of my ROM back.

Physio is helping with that. Surgeon did offer to repeat process if needed.

I must have been coming to the end of freezing stage when it was done as the pain before was horrendous still!

I've heard that if you are truly frozen recovery is reasonably quick!

Have a look at Facebook frozen shoulder friends.

Loads of advice etc on there. Really helpful and you can get loads of stories to compare.

• Posted

You have had a long stretch. I had a fall end of december 14 then had arm in sling for 5 weeks, too long nobody said this would leed to frozen shoulder, ugh. Had hydrodilation in May (had to go privately) no pain for 5 weeks and got more movement, now pain is back can't get any further with movement. I was told I had been exercising too much, I did what I was told to do. I am just hoping in time it will get better and am now trying to except the situation, difficult.

Good luck to you in the future.

Alison

• Posted

Hi Sue, no one could understand the physical and mental state you suffer with a FS unless they've had one, I too was at wits end and realise now how depressed I was. Mine started 11/12 got diagnosed 5/13 had a cortisone then nerve blocker injection, nothing worked..took a. Variety of painkillers and relaxants, lots of physio and rest and left to get on with it. Now I have about 80% movement no pain  just the odd aching and discomfort and awkwardness. Got to train the brain to use my left arm more which is a bit tricky after 2 and1/2 years of protecting it. It's down to me to keep exercising now to hopefully be 100%.. Sadly I have same symptoms in R shoulder now, I had a scan and thank god it's not frozen, but I have osteoarthritis which is wear and tear through over use compensating for not using my L shoulder, so be careful and take care of both shoulders.. Yes there is an end to it and I'm pleased your sleeping better and feeling happy, keep positive and take care, Sam 
  • Posted

Hello Sue

I am happy for you that you are now feeling better.That is a long time to have a frozen shoulder.all the best 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.