What are my risk for stroke

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok so I have anxiety so I worry about any little pain that I feel

A few days ago I woke up one night with my nose runny and my eyes watery. I wiped them and it seemed ok but it did feel like I had a migrain. I went to bed and that was the end of that. The next day I went to work and I felt like under the armpit and behind the ear had a stinging feeling that would come and go. I noticed that my elbow was hurting too on and,off. Today I just felt sharp shoulder pain that lasted about 10 mins, and now my leg is hurting. This is all happening to the right side.

I wanna know what my risk for stroke is I am 19 years old, 5'1, 160lbs, have family history of stroke diabetes and high blood pressure (I have none)

I recently about 2-3 weeks ago had blood test, urine test, EKG, and was on a heart monitor when I went to the er for chest pain and everything came back normal

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well, following the good results from all the tests you have had recently, I'd say your risk is about the same as any of us.  Importantly, you do need to stop feeling so anxious as that in itself is putting stress on your body which will do you no good.  Find something new to take your mind off yourself, a new hobby perhaps, and some form of relaxation class such as Tai Chi or Yoga.  Eating a good healthy diet, having plety of exercise and keeping your weight down will stand you in good stead for a healthy future. 
    • Posted

Thank you so much! I just came back from the doctors and I saw a different doctor . but she showed me all my health records, test something my doctor didn't do and I feel very relieve cholesterol is low, thyroid is normal, blood feel count and size is normal, platelets are normal and reading your encouraging words...just thank you, this is what I need to hear.
  • Posted

Hi Shar44323,Look anyone can have a stroke when mine happen it affected my eye's and I have a idea it was medication and not taking asprin

if you start talking funny and clearly,A good Idea find out what kind of stroke your family had and then go on the internet and have a look what caused it and always check medications and don't worry put the time into loving yourself by doing things you like to do,(not stressing out) what might happen is going to give you a panic attack and you won't be good to do anything find a interest in a subject that makes you happy and if you are realy worried ask your doctor if he is truthful, he can take test and its good to keep checks and write what date it happen keep a diary and take any medication that your given from a medical doctor hope I helped bye

• Posted

My dad and his dad had a stroke due to high blood pressure, but my blood pressure is normal 120/80 or a little below. My other grandpa had a slight stroke because he's a diabetic (I don't have diabetes)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.