Chest pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone experience chest pain with venlafaxin?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I suggest you should go back to your doctor asap because this side effect is quite serious. Take care!
    • Posted

I have informed both my GP and psychiatrist to no avail
    • Posted

Hi, not trying to judge or anyting but I don't understand how your GP or psychiatrist would not take any action. I mean, I am not a doctor but a chest pain could very potentially be something that is heart-related. I mean, if you take this medication, you may have a higher blood pressure and arrythmia. If you experience chest pain again, and I'm only advicing, please just call the ambulance and explain your situation or just ask for another GP. These are just my general suggestions since I;m not a doctor and don't know anything about your previous medical record. I hope it gets sorted soon because these 'pains' should be dealt with asap. Good luck! 
  • Posted

hi there,  i was just going to post same question, lol had terrible chest pains yesterday, ive had 3 panic attacks in the past week and thought prehaps it was due to that but as the day went on the pain got worse and had it between shoulder blades as well. my husband got me some RENNIES had 6 of them and by 3am this morning i felt much better, although i can feel pain returning between shoulder blades and in my left side, so is it back to the RENNIES or THE PAIN KILLERS. dont know if its the venlafaxine as ive been on 225mg for 6 weeks now and this is the 3rd time ive had these pains, hope you get yours sorted best wishes jayne :-)
    • Posted

Thank you mine have been constant since starting about 6 weeks ago
  • Posted

hi,got sore nipples-if u press them,+ i'm a bloke.Going cold turkey off ven starting today...........
    • Posted

only been on 37.5 for 6 wks.tried tapering but withdrawal was bad so cold turkey it is
    • Posted

It must sound really bad the way you described it but yes please reconsider. Please talk to your GP first. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.