LINX PROCEDURE

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi All

I had the Linx fitted Tuesday 3 days ago.

Has anyone had this procedure and when

Did you start feeling better.

I have been suffering from severe stomach cramp spasms now been given codeine to

Help with the pain.

I am trying to eat smaller meals often.

I would welcome peoples experience

2 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi summer. I had the linx implated on july 31st. My main complaint right now is the gas/air coming from my stomach trying to get through the linx. I can feel the burp coming up but it never passes which causes some pain/discomfort. This was one of my main symptoms prelinx..burping constantly. The air has to go somewhere so i end up having horrible gas coming out the other end later in the day which is very uncomfortable. My guts just bubble with the trapped air. I do also have pain when swallowing with only bulkier foods like meat...potatoes etc. Fluids soft foods seem to pass fine. I can feel the bulkier foods pass through the linx which does kinda hurt. Can you describe what your feeling when ur stomach spasms ? Wonder if its just the trapped air in your abdomen putting pressure on stomach. I know i still have trapped air in my body from the procedure
    • Posted

Hey guys, this is just my opinion, but I used to have gut pain and gas and figured it may be because I wasn't digesting food properly and it may just kinda be sitting there making me gassy. Sometime my breathe tasted bad too. So I tried probiotics and it cleared up in a couple of days. I'm talking good probiotics from the refrigerated section of your local health food store. I take these 6 times a week and on the 7th take a soil based probiotic. Soil based probiotics survive the stomach acid.

Cheers

• Posted

Ive been on every probiotic and digestive enzyme on the market and they never really seem to help much. I burp just drinking water...any pressure on my abdomen..bending over. Cant figure it out. Had a sibo test and that was negative.
    • Posted

There's probiotics and then there's probiotics. With the exception of soil based probiotics, heat eventually kills all the goodies, so you need a good refrigerated one. The refrigerated one from the health food store is called Polybac 8 and the soil based one is Prescript-Assist.

Luck

• Posted

Completely agree with probiotics. IF i may ask what brand would it be for your soil based probiotics?

thanks.

• Posted

Is polybac 8 only sold in Australia? Having lil trouble finding it in the u.s.
    • Posted

So did you have the linx implant ? If so have all of ur symptoms gone away ?
    • Posted

Not sure if it's available in the US but any good Probiotic from the refrigerated section of your health food store should be good.

No, I haven't had the Linx surgery. Pretty sure it's not available here in Australia smile

• Posted

Thank you for responding

What your describing I exactly how

I am feeling.

For the first 2 days I had now wind

But terrible spasm , cramping

Pains,I was in agony

It has now settled but I have constant

Wind. I am able to burp but this is

Very uncomfortable at the moment.

I am eating very small meals with a

Little water as I'm feeling very

Nauseas hoping that feeling will

Settle down soon.

Hoping things settle down very soon.

Where did you have your linx fitted ?

• Posted

I have terrible spasm pain and

Retching after eating

Have you been able to eat foods with

Out pain afterwards?

• Posted

It is a very uncomfortable feeling. I can feel a pressure start in my stomach which i think it a burp but you maybe correct that it is my stomach or esophagus spasmsing due to the gas not being trapped. I emailed my surgeon about this. I had my linx implated at john hopkins in Baltimore md by a dr. Marohn. Where did u hsve urs done at ?
    • Posted

No anything i eat causes the spasms and gas within minutes. Drinking water seems to do it too. Do you have any pain when eating bulkier foods ? When i eat beef or potatoes etc i feel pain when the bulkier foods pass through the linx. Fluids and softer food are fine.
    • Posted

Hi I had mine done in the UK, the

Symptoms your experience sound

Very similar to mine. I feel nauseous

After eating . I had my first feeling

Of food become stuck and pain in

My chest area. I'm hoping it will settle

Down very soon. I'm now 6 days post

Surgery. The bloating is very painful

But I have found it settles a little

With buscapan . Let me know how

Your getting on hopefully things will

Settle soon for both of us 😊

• Posted

Hi summer..i seem to get better a little each day. My digestion seems to be gettn better. I had the d and it seems to be improving. The gas and bloating has been the worst for me but it seems to be improving little each day. I think i still have air trapped in my abdomen because when i am laying flat and i move from side to side i feel and hear gurgling but that also seems to improve a lil each day. I have been using a heating pad on my stomach and it seems to help with the bloating and bringing ip the trapped gas. The painful swallowing will subside...mine has. Are u having a breakthru reflux ? Hope u get well soon.
    • Posted

Hi Thank you for your reply

This is very reassuring for me at the

Moment as the linx is not routinely

Used in the UK so very little support.

Bulky foods are extremely difficult to

Manage. I have had a bad day today

I'm hoping my digestion system

Settles very soon.

I can feel the food as it goes through

The linx this is a bit uncomfortable but at least I have stopped reaching!

My reflux symptoms seemed to have

Gone I have been able to sleep

Properly for the first time in years.

I am still burping a bit but nothing

As bad before surgery.

Keep in touch its nice to be able to

Share experience 😊

• Posted

The painful swallowing will go away. Mine went away after a few days. Dreading the dysphagia that normally kicks in around the 2nd or 3rd week. I still have terrible intestinal gas that causes terrible bloating. This is supposedly normal and should subside. Are u still taking any anti-acid meds and what prelinx symptoms were you having ?
    • Posted

No. I don't even know if I am a candidate for the procedure. My issues are silent reflux, clicking when having certain movements in my jaw or throat GP said it is Eustachian Tube Dysfunction. No pain or difficulty swallowing. Recently just developed this itchy throat that would make me cough then would sneeze at the end.Occasionally some non cardiac chest pains which is relieved when burping.

Have you considered Linx?

Hope you have a good day wink

• Posted

Hi I hope your gas and bloating settle

Very soon. I feel much better today.

I have reduced my medication

Esomeprozole to 20 mg I was taking

60 mg per day before surgery.

I have stopped my ranitidine 300 mg ,

Gaviscon. Before surgery I had

Terrible chest pain, I had terrible

Burning from the acid reflux.

I could not eat full meals and I had

Constant painful bloating and burping

(All The time).

I was unable to sleep properly.

I am feeling much better today, I am

Eating a lot slower I can still feel

The food as it goes through the

Device. Have u tried peppermint tea

To help with the gas and bloating.

I am having to change the way I

Eat chew more and slow

Hope you feel much better today

• Posted

My symptoms were chest pain..scary chest pains that i thought were heart related but after seeing 2 different cardiologists and numerous tests my heart was cleared)..burning..post nasal drip..real mucassy after eating or drinking (lpr reflux )...burping. My chest pain seems to be improving along with the other symptoms. My digestion is still outta wack tho. I did try peppermint tea and dont think it really helped. I am no longer taking any acid meds. I still have trapped gas from the procedure in my abdomin. I can feel the air bubbles when i lay flat and move from side to side. Do you feel this as well ? Hope u have good day smile
    • Posted

Hi summer. Had a horrible day today. Still dealing with this horrible bloating/gas. Im not sure if the linx moved out of position or what but im having bad reflux tonight and i am able to burp very easily just like i could before the linx. It feels like food is just sitting in my stomach. I feel like i did prelinx sad. I even took a Zantac and its not helping. Hope u didnt have bad day today.
    • Posted

Hi I'm sorry to hear you have had a

Bad day

I still have terrible bloating and windy

Cramp pains. Worse after eating.

I am eating very small portions each

Time about a cup full. This seems

Enough for my digestion system

To cope with. Swallowing is still

A problem. I have also started

Burping and a similar heartburn

Feeling throughout the day

I'm hoping this will go in a few

Days. I can still feel food going

Down but it is moving with plenty

Of liquids.

Do you have any pain in your

Shoulder

I hope you have a better day today 😊

• Posted

The shoulder pain from the trapped air from the surgery is just about gone. I still feel it a little bit after i walk. I need to stick to smaller meals too. Ive been trying to eat normal but my body just isn't ready yet. Theres a group on Facebook called linx surgery for gerd that has a thousand so members who share their experiences with the linx. I sent a join request yesterday but havent heard back yet. When u lay flat on your and move from side to side do you feel gas bubbles moving and gurgling ? I feel pain right where the linx is implanted..kinda feels like reflux but im not sure. Hope we both start to feel better soon.
    • Posted

I just started using some activated charcoal for the bloating and gas. I used it tonight right after i had dinner because i was severly bloated and it helped out alot. I felt much better today compared to yesterday. I think i over did it yesterday by over exercising. I went pretty hard core on my exercise bike which i think i stressed out my abdominal region and where the linx is. I just stuck to walking today and had smaller meals. Hope you had a better day today and that we both find relief soon. Todd
    • Posted

Not feeling too bad at the moment.

Still only able to eat very small meals and I can feel the gas and bloating.

I am still having problems swallowing.

Let me know who you get on joining

The online support group.

I also have pain in my shoulder I'm

Hoping this subsidies soon.

I did have a hernia repaired at the

Same time. Bending down is very

Painful still.

Hope are you feeling today

• Posted

Hi summer..has your bloating gotten any better ? Mine has made big improvements in the last 2 days. I still have some pain in the area where the linx was implanted. I assume the area is still swollen and inflammed from the procedure. Seem to be improving a lil each day. I did experience my first real stuck food session today and it sucked ass. Took like 10 minutes for the food to pass. I was eating some baby carrots. Finally a big gulp of hot water forced the food down. Hope ur feeling better. I did get accepted to facebook group for linx and it has been great. The people on there are very supportive and have a wealth of knowledge and good advice.
    • Posted

Also how big was your hernia ? My surgeon said mine was very small...less then a cm.
    • Posted

Hi Hope your feeling much better

Eating is still a little bit of a problem

For me.

I'm avoiding chewy meats ,

Experiencing problems with bread.

Still suffering from bloating mainly

After eating. Reflux symptoms

Have all about gone.

My hernia was 5 cm but fixed same

Time as Linx fitted.

Hows things with u ?

Do you have the website for

The Linx support page ?

• Posted

Im improving a little better each day. The facebook group is called linx surgery for gerd. I still cant resume a normal diet. Still eating small frequent meals. Still have bloating after eating but not as bad.
    • Posted

4 weeks now and feeling much better

Able to eat with no food becoming

Stuck.

Off all meds

Sleeping much better

I've got used of the feeling of the linx

As food passes through and

Its become unnoticeable to me.

I can eat and drink things I had to

Avoid before the procedure

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.