PMR Flare

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, all! I think I have been having a flare up of pmr symptoms for a while. My doc increased my press from 13 mg to 20 mg. said to stay at that dose for 3 days then drop to 17.5 mg and stay there for 3 days and then drop to 15 mg. I think dropping 2.5 mg at a time is too much for me. Also, is staying at each dose for 3 days long enough? I have a really hard time with the side effects of prednisone and am very sensitive to changes. Was reluctant to increase back to 20 but my pain and stiffness that returned told me I was overdue to give it a shot. Took my first 20 mg dose at 6:30 AM and by 9:30 AM felt remarkably better. This afternoon my stiffness and pain is a little worse than this

morning and am feeling pooped. Is this normal after my first dose back to 20? Would appreciate any insight! Thank you all. This disease keeps me confused as to how I am progressing. Diagnosed for 7 months. Thanks again! Linda

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Linda

Follow this link to the pinned section on this site and thread http://www.patient.co.uk/forums/discuss/pmr-gca-website-addresses-and-resources-35316

Then follow the link to the North East website, you will find and email address on it.  Send an email and in Subject heading put  Reduction plans, two will be sent to you free of charge.  One is currently being trialled in a research project.  There were devised by patients for patients.

7 months is no time at all and it sounds as though you have been reducing too fast and are getting into a yo yo situation which is not good.

Golden rule, no more than 10% at time. Do the math and send for the plans.

• Posted

Thank you, lodger! I will. Tried to go to the link when you recommended it to someone before. Was unsuccessful. Hopefully this time I will get it right! Linda
    • Posted

Lodger,

Tried to get to the right site.  Thought i did.  Filled in the information asked for: Name, Address, Country, Phone#, and in the box wrote Please send me the reduction plans for Prednisone.  Am diagnosed with PMR.  Tried to send it but it came back with this statement in RED :  Wrong phone number.  It is my correct phone number...tried to do it twice more.  Same thing happedned each time. Could it be because my phone number is from the USA?  But then so is my address.  Please help!  Linda

• Posted

I've had this trouble with phone numbers and post codes when filling in British forms.  I live in Germany.  So?????
    • Posted

I live in Canada and also cannot get my information accepted by forms.
    • Posted

When you problems on the website just go to the Contact Us (on the blue line section) fill in the enquiry form and we will then get an email message and be able to sort it out one way ot t'other.
    • Posted

Thanks for your information, Constance.  Finally made it through.  Now I cant remember how to start a new discussion!! LOL
  • Posted

i have just done it lin  was ok.  but it looks like you are in  usa.   did you fill the  country code  in ok   i also think you are reduceing    too fast
    • Posted

I think I am reducing too fast too!  This time I will be very careful!  Thanks!!  Linda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.