Quick Update

Posted , 6 users are following.

Saw my surgeon on tuesday, and he discharged me. No pain  walking without stick short distances with stick on longer. off swimming now, no breaststroke . he did say something interesting, if you go walking etc you would expect to ache the next day, that is wrong, you will start to have pain or disconfort 2 days after not the next day

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have heard that before, from my husband who is ex RAF. They were told this when they did their physical training. In my experience, at least after the hip op, you do feel stiff the next day and rather worse the second. Then it goes
  • Posted

The day after the day after scenario has always been the case for any exercise and you can look forward to walking for miles once you've run your hip In and got over that 'waddle' that hippies get.

Good luck.

• Posted

Greetings from Exeter...sounds like a good review! Interestingly breast stroke is fine from my physio but nOT yours!

Yes...Two day aftereffect makes sense...esp after party!

Warm regards

Mic

• Posted

I was under the impression breas stroke was out for knee or hip injuries???

I'm not a brilliant swimmer but I remember getting changed after a swim a month or so after the op and being amazed how the ROM had improved after that one swim.

• Posted

ya, thats is what i was told by surgeron and physo, i must recomend swimming gets the weight off your body even if you just hang onto the side and kick your legs, me 20 lenghts just slightly kicking with my legs did not want to do too much
  • Posted

Yes it's called delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS). First day not too bad, second day ouch!! 

😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.