The National Joint Register

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi   just to mention but expect you already know...

The National Joint Register  is on line,  told by consultant last week

pauline

5 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for the reminder. I do intend to get a copy of my details sometime, so I know the number etc of the hip I was given
  • Posted

Never heard of it...

Does it offer the best cannibis for pain relief for hippy op folk?

Mx

• Posted

Hi Pauline

what is this national joint register? I don't think I have heard about it before?

• Posted

Thanks Pauline, I've had a good read of that and also looked at the outcomes for my local hospital.

Celia

• Posted

Hah, Mic, I live n Cornwall, we already have a best cannabis register!

The National Joint Register and My Clinical Outcomes are two really useful tools for consultant and patients.

I have updated my CO's every couple of months and I was pleased to hear that my consultant knew about my progress (and my deterioration before). He can follow patients remotely and this doesn't take away from having an actual appointment but allows him more access to progress with certain hip types and whether he has got it right.

The National Joint Register is using our details (of implant type) to research for arthritis and other conditions. When I read about it I signed up - give your surgeon all the help you can!

There are other parts of the NHS that would benefit from this - mesh implants for instance, who are constantly saying that the product is working when it is not!

My hospital sent me regitration forms for The Joint Register but you can fnd then when you research your surgeon at your own hospital network.

• Posted

Hello Kate from not so sunny Cornwall

Hey Kate

Ah yes...I do remember now singing or signing up to this...along with a plethora of other papers on my pre op day. Good to know my consultant uses only the best cannibis as a muscle relaxant!

On a more serious point...I hope such initiatives make hippies of 2020 get clearer info re using or not teds stockings, is sleeping on back helpful or not...and IS breaststroke fine. There does seem to be a mucky sense of unclarity at the mo.

Have a nice evening

Mic

Xx

• Posted

Oh i see  heres me thinking he was being very informative  -  havent studied it yet       too much information  lol     i just want to klnow the nippiest surgeon in my area   (not hippiest  lol)       to hopefully get on his list

Anyone aeround Cheshire??  pre or posr op?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.