What's wrong with my eyes?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi !

I am a 19 years old teenager and i have a problem with my eyes for about 9 years. Is like this: once in a while ( 3-4 times a month or once in 3-4 months....it depends) my eyesight gets like watching through a binocular on the other side....if you understand what i want to say. This last for about 5 minutes but during this my hearing is strange, i think it sharpens a little bit and i am a little agressive. Even if i close my eyes the black is different...far. What could it be?

Sorry for my english!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I think migraine is the most likely diagnosis. You don't mention headache but migraine does not always have a headache anyway and there are lots of different types of migraine.  The crucial factors are: your condition seems to be benign as it has been going on for 9 years and the symptoms evolve over 5 to 15 minutes and then completely fade away. I wonder if you have any trigger factors like stress or something in your diet that may cause particular episodes and if any of the standard migraine treatments from your GP might help.
    • Posted

Yeah, i think that stress is the trigger factor because it happened a few times when i was stressed or really angry.

Thanks for your answer!

• Posted

Hve you asked you GP about it?

Robert sounds right, it could well be a form of migraine. As long as there's no pain involved or any stressful situations coming out of it, you could just kick back and enjoy it! After all, how many of us get to see the world through reverse binoculars? You may just be one of the lucky ones!

• Posted

I get the visiual disturbance part of migraines which I now understand is known as auras.

But for years it had no name. To me it was just my five minutes of animated Picasso paintings driving slowly through my vision from right to left. Fun!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.