Tramadol withdrawal

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm waiting to hear back from my doctor regarding some liquid tramadol.  Apparently there appears to be a suspension with glucosamine, which is good if you've got skeletal pain or following ortho surgery.  Also some liquid capsules .... Another simple way to gradually wean off.

i don't understand why the Pharma cos do not make 10, 15, or 20 mg.... Well, there again I do... A very easy money spinner for the shareholders... Get half the population hooked... 

With 50mg once or twice a day sometimes with tramacet 37.5mg with paracetamol, once,  I've still had some worrying symptoms as others have had: anger and road rage (oops!) and memory lapses.

it is an easy drug to abuse as it produces very fast euphoria and once you get that over a period of years, your neurotransmitters will suddenly  jump into action after being blocked.  But having got this far I'm going to persevere downwards until I'm on homeopathic quantities... But nice while it lasted!  Be warned.

3 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Be aware, very very aware of anything containing Tramadol it is very very addictive and very very hard to come off. I know this first hand. Ask your GP for an alternative pain killer there are plenty very good ones out there that you don't get highly adicted to....Thats my strong advice.
  • Posted

Echo what barnyboy said its a very hard drug to come off been on it now for over a year was on 8 a day down to 4 the side effects are awful too 
  • Posted

Thanks.  I've been on 50mg for years, most was 300mg p.d.  Now up to 125 - 137.5mg.  BUT..... I've got some crumbly 50mg soluble.  I'm taking 1/4 under my tongue as soon as the pain breaks through.  Day 1 was 100mg but I'm trying now to do 75mg pd for week and so on until I'm down to the last molecule of powder! I can feel the changes but I was very aware of coming off them and knew it would be a long time with horrible withdrawals...so subtle some of them that you begin to doubt your sanity.  I've locked self out of house and car, lost credit cards, turned up wrong day for appts, and been unable to concentrate to read.  And lost worrying amount of weight due to no appetite.  They're called zamadol btw

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.