Friends needed

Posted , 10 users are following.

I feel so lonely and scared at the moment, don't know what or how to deal with it. Im just fed up and can't see how it can improve. It will only get worse, as things won't get better as mum conditions get worse. It's tough, it really is. Sorry it's not a positive.

3 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hey Blackhole, 

I'm really sorry to hear that your mum is unwell sad do you have other family members around to support you both? 

There is support for you here, if you need anything, whether it's to rant/vent or you're in need of any practical support let us know, you can always private message me anytime as well, I'll be here. 

I hope you're ok, take a deep breath and take things a little bit at a time, try not to get lost in the bigger picture. 

xx

• Posted

I have my Dad, it's hard to watch, she is getting worse, unable to fed herself now. And her speech is going, im not able to understand now. I think she is in the last bit of the illness and is scary. I keep things of when she dies. I don't if I will cope,
  • Posted

Hi!

Did you go to your appointment today?  I think that will make you feel better.  If you DID go and you feel worse (that sometimes happens after we spill our emotions).

Remember...this lonely, scared feeling will PASS.  Can you take a walk? Can you go buy yourself something at a store...even an ice cream or chocolate?

Can you watch a FUNNY show...that will force you to laugh? (this works for me sometimes).

• Posted

Hi

You certainly have friends here. I can assure you we all understand how tough things are for you right now. Being a relative or carer of a loved whose ill can be extremely stressful. Do you live in the UK? If so why not consider contacting your local carer association. Also your local social services will be able to offer support and guidance and could also advise if you are entitled to a carers grant or help with adaptations for your mum if required. Some social services departments have a carers team attached. Also if you ring social services ask to go through to the duty adult team and see what support they can give you. If you don't live in the UK hopefully there is something similar where you are.

I know it's hard to stay strong when facing adversity but you don't need to go through it alone. Tap into your local resources or even charitable organisations that can help you.

Wishing you a peaceful evening

Blessings

Lorraine x

• Posted

Hi Blackhole I can't add to the great advice you have been given,  but just wanted to say I am very glad you have decided to stay with us.   We are here for you my friend anytime.   Lots of hugs  Bev x

• Posted

Hey Blackhole,

You are not alone in feeling this way. My thoughts and feelings are the same, due to personnel circumstances I need to try and chips worth it. I find that just going for a walk or coffee with a magazine helps. I now this illness makes you feel very isolated from life, but do try and do something of activity to keep it mind occupied. It gets me through

• Posted

I'm so sorry that you are feeling all alone and scared.  I have suffered major depression for many years.  I am 67 yrs. old, but I refuse to let it get me down.  On top of the depression off and on...I have scoliosis, spinal stenosis, Fibromyalgia, two bad knees, a bad left foot, TMJ, and old age...LOL.....If I can do it...you can do it..Lets all get better together.  Sometime it is just a matter of putting you mind to it and saying...I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore..It really helps me and I'm probably as old as your grandmother...I'll be your friend, sweetie...you are not alone.....HUGS.
  • Posted

Hey Blackhole we all need somebody special.

Probaly more so when we have lifes challenges like you are having. Do you have a partner that can help you get thru ? Have you consider seeing your priest ( if you go to church ) ? Is your partner supportive ?

There is somebody out there that can be your soul survival strength

• Posted

Hello!

I'm sure it's really hard to be on your shoes right now. I know how awfully painful it is to watch a loved one suffer. I honestly don't know how to comfort you with mere words but I wish I could.

If you need a friend to talk to, I'll be glad to offer you my friendship. *hugs* smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.