Can someone please help me! stomach issue causing terrible anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

My name is Jennifer and I am 49 years old.  Ten years ago when my mother was dying, I developed a sharp intense pain in my right lower abdomen.  I went to my regular doc, he said it was IBS and gave me Bentyl, (Dicyclomine).  The years that followed I starting getting bouts of Diahrrea, or times when I went 5 or 6 times a day.  Sometimes I couldn't go at all, bloating, gas, or a constant pressure like I had to go.  The worst is the cramping I get after a BM.  After two Colonoscopies, two Endoscopies, Pelvic sonograms and blood tests, it all came down to IBS.  But, it changes..somedays I have pain on the left, or the right side of my abdomen.  A lot of burping and passing wind.  Now today I have a dull ache right under my breasts at the top of my ribs.  As though they were sore... I thought maybe it is my underwire bra, but I haven't wore one lately.  Could this be part of the IBS, I feel very gassy lately.  I am very scared this is something very bad..please help

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hey sorry this is what your feeling my name's Natasha and I'm 22 and I experience the same except I always feel so sick it sounds like it could be your Gall bladder? Ask for a ultrasound as this is what I'm going through sad feel free to message me privately if you fancy a chat, hope your problem gets sorted x
    • Posted

Hi Natasha, I thought of that, but when I research Gall Bladder that are many more and different sort of symptoms.  I hate wondering whats wrong with me everyday...thank you so much for your reply , good luck

• Posted

Can have all different symptoms.though you never know sad really hope it's all okay, if you do find.out please let us know the outcome please xx
  • Posted

Symptoms are all so closely related with the G.I. tract and the organs that play a role in it. If u had all test and have gas and burping and they cant pin point i think the overall diagnosis is IBS. Which from what i have learned can be a little bit of everything. Maybe gastritis, candida outbreak, over or under production of acid, parasits, fungas. Get as much blood work as u can, the scans already rulled out major malignancies anong a lot of other things. Get stoole analysis for h-pylori and parasites. Stress can do it to.
  • Posted

I've been going through the same thing since June, the only thing you didn't mention, which I have is being nauseous. Went for the endoscopy, cat scans of the abdomen/pelvic and yesterday was the colonoscopy,all came back ok, he said its my nerves, and gave me something to calm my stomach. My pain is on the right side and I had the exact feeling under my breast. I know nerves can do a lot to our bodies, but to feel so sick all the time scares me, and makes my mind wander, even though the test are showing no major problems, my mind keeps thinking they're missing something. Please know, you're not alone! I hope you start to feel better soon. 
    • Posted

Yes, thank you.. IBS can really make you feel awful and stress plays a huge role in it.  I hope you feel better too, just started therapy to work out my stress. THank you again for your reply.

• Posted

Constant stress/anxiety can really mess up your digestive system. If you're also experiencing anxiety problems, might want to talk to your doc about it.
  • Posted

I had the same symptoms when I was 26 (I'm 38 now), and it was IBS caused by stress. I know now that it was stress because after a few months of it, I started taking yoga classes with the kindest instructors who were very good at explaining meditation and how to calm the mind. The symptoms all went away and never came back. I highly recommend finding a way to clear the stress from you mind, particularly through meditation and/or yoga.
  • Posted

i would say stress, i started the exactly same as you, ask to see a dietitian my trigger in the end was fiber, looking at what you have said, i would guess that you are still getting stressed which isn't helping, but if you can't get to see the dietitian have a look at the fodmap diet look through the NHS websites as they have level headed advice. 
    • Posted

I never wear underwire bras, but even if they're slightly snug I get heartburn. I attach bra extenders to make them loose. In the winter I don't wear those torture devices at all if I'm wearing thick tops.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.