6 weeks post op scarf osteotomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok so I'm just coming up to 6 weeks post op I'm now walking without my crutches woo Ho however still have my shoe on.

I have bought myself as pair of training shoes but 1 size bigger as advised by a few ppl on this forum.

I can walk but only with a limp as I'm scared to bend my toe fully however getting better each day.

I just wondered if anyone is suffering with their hips as I feel I have more pain from my hip than my foot at the moment and if so any advise would be really grateful .

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

At first yes, but doing exercises at physical therapy and getting stronger, exercises help, good luckwith your recovery, hang in there, its a slow process,
  • Posted

PT has helped me build back my strength in my foot, ankle, calf, and my hips. I'm 7 1/2 weeks post-op and I can now walk in sneakers without a limp. Are you doing PT?
    • Posted

Hi Kaliana

I have my first PT session on Thursday .

I just hope it helps with the pain I'm feeling in my hips and now my back .

I'm feeling a little bit down as I'm wondering if I've done the right thing .I'm not sleeping now due to the pain in my hips plus still can't put my foot flat or walk without a limp .

Lets hope i feel better after PT .

• Posted

Susan,

I'm certain it will help. Also how are you elevating? I was using 5 pillows and my back always hurt. I bought a product the lounge doctore a few weeks ago that has the proper height for you knee, legs, and feet. It's made such a difference. As for you thinking over your surgery, has your bunion pain gone away? That alone made mine worth it to me.

• Posted

same here I was and still am having knee pain and hip pain. my back gets very sore from electing and laying down much of the day but pt has helped stretch my leg out a lot. my operated on leg is much smaller than my other leg aside uncle just gets lost. hang in there!
    • Posted

Hi

I have now had to have an mp joint hydrostatic injection under anesthetic to loosen up my joint as it was so stiff .

my surgeon reckons this is due to my PT sessions not being performed in the correct way .

I have also had to have some injections for my planter fasciitis returning due to my stance and how im walking it seems to be one thing after another .

• Posted

oh wow sorry to hear that! those next ions always sound so painful. hopefully this will be all that you need! how do you think you pt was done incorrectly?

ps sorry for all those typos in the last reply stupid phone!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.