On Cipralex for several months now, and now this ??

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, I haven't been on the site for months. I was on alot at the beginning of my Cipralex journey. Had many sides and nervousness for the first six to seven weeks and happily with all your support I got through it. Thank you. I have been doing very well after I got through the sides. Been feeling amazingly anxiety free and strong. But now in the past couple of days I have the jitters and nervous, just like I felt at the beginning and the reason I went on Cipralex. Its really weird, out of the blue, been on 20 mg. for several months, felt amazing, and boom, two days of this awful feeling. Don't get what is going on........feeling scared and very very agitated. Can anyone help me with this. And also, what the heck is up with this weight gain. I have gained 20 pounds since on this med and thank God I wasn't big to begin with, so I am still holding my look up pretty good.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Damom,

I'm 16 days in this medication and just today I read all your postings. I'm scared after everything you went through to end up like this. I really hope you are doing fine and you didn't have to quit your medication after all you went through to get better. If possible, can you just give me some encouragement.?My doctor wants me to go up to 15 mg because 10 mg is not helping, and I'm scared. I end up panicking and I also have depression. Thank you very much for any help.

• Posted

Omgggggg you sound EXACTLY like me.  It is crazy.  I experienced the same exact journey as you are going through.  Several months more, give or take a few.  And felt amazing, anxiety free, super strong, etc.  Now in the past couple of months felt not the same as I did before.  I had amazing energy as well before.  Now I am getting a little of the feelings I had before being on the Cipralex.  I don't have the energy or fearlessness I used to have mid Cipralex journey, and I get anxiety and depressed here and there.  Its almost like I feel the drug not working anymore. Now I am saying to myself, why am I even on this stuff and thinking of going to my Doc and getting off it.  Was a huge huge decision for me to go on this in the first place as I have lived a life of 60 years drug free.  And also, WTF with the weight gain......and luckily like you I was not big to begin with as well.  I went from 130 lbs to a freaking booming 152 !  I have NEVER EVER weighed this much in my wholo life.  I know that at my age (60) its a known fact that you slightly start changing in the weight gain department, but I still exercise and eat well, etc.  or at least try to eat well lol.....but to gain this much weight 24 pds, ugh !  I don't like my body and that is one thing (not to sound so shallow) my body and health in this area I have always looked good.  And always able to wear anything without covering up.  Now its a whole new life for me, one I am not at all used to and do not like.  Feeling very self-conscious with my weight.  Also, I was never a drinker.  Had the odd glass of wine here and there.  Liquor no not at all, only at the odd social gathering and had only one drink.  Now ever since on Cipralex it feels like my body has an addictive attraction to liquor.  In my case its wine.  I now drink every night and weekends.  I could polish off a bottle by myself in one night.  Hence adds to my weight gain.  My family and friends who know me so well are freaking out over this because they know I was never a drinker.  I also read awhile back on these feeds from another person who had the same alcohol attraction.  Anyhow, I am seriously thinking of going off it.  I will keep you posted.  I am sorry I have not responded sooner to you, but I haven't been on this site in awhile.  
  • Posted

OMG, isn't it weird. How can a drug make us chang so much? Like you, I dont drink , and never liked medications. I'm eating more, and already gained 4 pounds in 2 months, but I'm not having this urge to drink. I was 6 months depressed and having panic attacks when I gave in and started Lexapro. I really dont know how long I will be taking this, but I'm already preapring myself to go off of it, even before I have any good results. I only started to feel a little bit better last week. And i've been taking this for 2 months. Got up to 20 mg and now I'm going down to 15 mg because I was not sleeping and also having muscle twitchings. Hard without meds, and hard with meds. I'm doing therapy 3 times a week, because I must find a way to be less anxious and less depressed. I hope we can feel good sooner than later.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.