Ringing in the ears

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnosed we Sept, started on 15mg I'm down to 10 mg .does anyone get a ringing in their ears , first thing in the morning. Its only started about a week ago .is it a side effect from pred .

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have suffered with tinnitus since I was 20, after having glandular Fever.  It became worse about 2 years prior to being diagnosed with PMR and has got slightly worse since being on Prednisolone.  It is currently being investigated and recent CT and MRI scans have shown that various sinus cavities are inflammed.  Whether this has anything to do with PMR or Prednisolone, I don't know at this stage.
  • Posted

I am wondering the same thing. My ears have been ringing for about a month now. I had a mild head cold right before that, so I thought it was from that, but it's not going away. I asked my rheum if it was from the steroids, but she didn't think so. I've tried everything, drops in the ears, saline up the nose, a decongestant.  I read that it could be a clogged eustation tube, but I'd be interested if anyone else has it and what to do for it, it's very annoying, not to mention making it hard to hear.
    • Posted

I have had a hissing sound in my ears for about a year (and I've had PMR for about 16 months).  At first I thought it was a electronic sound, but after searching for it I realized it was in my head.  It's faded in the background now and I only notice it when I think about it.
  • Posted

I have not had the ringing in my ears (so far) - I guess that may be something else I can add to my possibilities - oh my

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.