Advice with venofaxine

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello.. new to the group so hi everybody..

My husband has been ckassed as clinically depressed over a number of years.. his medication has recently been uncreased to 225 mg.. venofaxine.. my question is should ge take it all at once in the morning or half am and hLf pm.. he has had a week of taking it all in the morning and over the week has become quite and withdrawn.. any advice would be great

Thanku

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Is the immediate release or extended release formula?  If it is the immediate release kind then yes, splitting it would be advisable.  

• Posted

Hi annette iv actually just had mine increased today, i was on 300mg but iv been increaed to 37mg which is the highest snyone can go to and i was wondering the same thing until i had a phone call with my doctor today and its to be taken all at once in a morning, if hes had an oncrease he might feel dizzy and get the spins but that is totally normal hun tell him to go to bed to sleep it off and not to drive anything, but yes my doctor rang me specifically for the same reason your asking as i dodnt lnow weather to take them all at once or seperate and he looked in his doctors bible and it says one dose x
  • Posted

Annette - I take 225mg daily of the sustained release version venlafaxine (marked XL) . I take 150mg ( ttwo 75mg tablets) at night and 75mg on waking to give me a boost when I most need it ffirst thing in tthe morning.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.