Need answers please

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have severe kyphosis and major humpback and can't lay flat! How can i find out my curvature if i can't lay down? Also I went from being 5/7 and a half to like 5/3 and when i stand up I'm humped over like I'm bending down to get something uuuuug and very painful when standing even with my pain meds

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, An xray will be required to get a true reading of your curvature. Then the consultant can measure your cobb. 
    • Posted

My problem is i can't stand up straight or lay flat! How would they get the X-ray?
    • Posted

They  can take the xray lying on your good side. Also you do not need to be standing up straight. After the scoliosis op 5 days later they wanted full x rays. I could barely stand so they take it as best possible. 
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your reply and i will ask doctor to see if they will try! I was already told i can't get any mammograms because of the severe deformation and i didn't think i could do the X-ray until you told me and again thank you and God bless you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.