Sjogren's and Oral Mouth Rinse Using Essential Oils

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi - I'm wondering if any of the Sjogren's sufferers use essential oils in an oral mouth rinse.

I ask because I recently finished a perscription of prednisone and my gums are inflamed. I did some research and found a couple of articles on incorporating essential oils (lemon and peppermint) into a DIY mouth rinse. 

If so, can you share your experience and where you purchase your oils? I'm trying to stay away from meds and go the natural route, if possible.

Please let me know. Tracy.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

One more thing - for inflamed gums I tried a warm salt water rinse which sort of helped. Then I tried adding cinnamon to my coffee and it really helped. 
  • Posted

I have been using over the counter different mouth moisturisers

for years, they are excellent, the local pharmacist is a wealth of i

Information, also used many dry eye drops but now I have found a great eye spray for dry eyes, even if you have makeup on it

does'nt matter, no problems at all, blessed and have a

lovely day.😍

• Posted

Hi Christine. Thank you for the tips.

Which eye spray and mouth moisturizers do you use?  I don't use eye drops at work because I'm afraid to smear my mascara. smile

Please let me know.

• Posted

Hi Tracy

I have using Xerostom dry mouth spray and Xerostom saliva substitute gel. The gel helped at night more than the spray. My doctor also prescribed a spacial toothpaste for me "Colgate Duraphat 5000ppm fluoride toothpaste". I get them all from my GP.

Have a warm night 😘

Izdi

• Posted

Hi Tracy

The only natural mouth rinse is Virgin coconut oil. I use it every morning and before going to bed it's excellent for mouth pulling.

regards

• Posted

Sweetness, I read about using coconut oil and mouth pulling.  Can you recommend a brand? 

Thanks for the tip!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.