Dvt stockings

Posted , 7 users are following.

good morning hippies, how is everyone today.  Woke up to my dvt sox being so tight so as they need a wash i have taken them off have a real permant dent in my leg thats quite sore. How long can you have these things off for. 

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I would think it depends how far along the road to recovery you are, but I would call your GP.  

This is the problem with these things, they will compress everything, and what's left over goes either north or south...! 

• Posted

Hi

I was told to only leave them off for 20 minutes at a time. I was given 4 pairs from the hospital.

I did get mine checked by a nurse because I thought mine were too tight. I was left with dents is well but the nurse said the were ok.

If you are worried, pop into your GP and ask a nurse to check.

Good luck. c

• Posted

Six weeks I was told.

Yes, they are tight, and I have that dent too.  

It will wear off when you finally get to take them off.  

You have to try to avoid 'bunching up ' and spread them evenly up to just under the knee.

Regards

Graham

• Posted

Thanks everyone, if you guys have the dent then. I can live with it.
    • Posted

One of the many things they dont put in thevrule book 😛  Thats the one good thing about belonging here some one has been there before us and can help. 
  • Posted

I was told 30 minutes a day. Time enough for a shower. I was given 3 pairs so change them each day. Supposed to then keep wearing them for 6 weekssad

I'm just going to put out a tip re the TEDs that I was given by one of the nurses in hospital.

• Posted

Gosh I am glad I had my op in Australia, stockings while in hospital thats all, no injections at home, no stockings just Asprin for 6 weeks makes life so much nicer.
    • Posted

Must be one of the advantages of living in Aus---you don't get DVTlol
  • Posted

Six weeks I wore mine for , the first two days after I had stopped wearing them I still felt like I had them on, my legs had a sort of tingling sensation, a very weird feeling !! Suzy x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.