Depression brought on by budget cuts

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am depressed at the moment, very, I have been a recipient of DLA for over 15 years approx, mainly for my schizophrenia, and am currently being assessed for PIP, I have no idea what this government are doing over the budget for this but fail completely to see why ordinary folk like myself who are basically impoverished to start with anyway, should have to foot the bill, aim the cuts at the high income bracket instead please!!!  FUME!!!!!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My Mental Health went downhill as i was taken off Incapcity Benefit and put on to JSA , i failed my assessment for ESA and it went to appeal - failed that , i was sent to a Work Programme by Job Centre , i like you was worried about how i would cope with it , basically a long story it took me about a year to feel at ease , etc in the building where i attended my WP ( i have anxieties problems , trust issues , feelling at ease with strangers in a strange building ) then Autumn 2013 i started getting bullied by one of the advisors - not mine he was okay so my depression went down hill fast and i started to dread going to the WP , fortunately another advisor saw how ill i looked and stepped in and that bullying , etc was sorted but the damage had been done so my Doctor who thought i was still on ESA gave me sick notes so i could go back on ESA , it was a year by the time my ESA assessment came and i purposely OD - by that time i was under CMHT ( i finished my 2 year sentence of WP 2014 - Autumn ) so i had a Social Worker accompanied me and to my delight i passed this one , i had another Social Worker fill out form for PIP and to my amazement i passed that as well - don't know how . It made me so cross that i was struggling last year to survive , family paying my bills for me as i didn't have the cash to do so , now i am being given money . I had no problem looking for work but what casued me alot of distress was being forced in to a job that didn't sort my needs . Unfortunately there are alot of people out there who are fiddling the system and the rest of us are paying the price .
    • Posted

Well, no doubt there are some but this government needs to cut down on people who are fiddling their taxes, and getting subsidies that they don't need, rather than ordinary folk who have difficulties getting by, that is my honest feeling on this one, sorry you have had such problems, I worked until the schizophrenic delusions I was suffering got too bad, then five years ago developed prolapsed bowel on top which makes me partially incontinent, the system is so unfair and I am very worried that I will be taken off benefit when I have been in receipt for about 15 years and used to receiving it, needing it and am only 8 years off automatic transfer between the two payments, our generation have been effectively told to stuff it, I'm afraid to say.
  • Posted

I know I'm late to this discussion but I am also fuming at what this government is doing to unwell people.

My partner has a physical disability which we were told he wouldn't have to do any more forms etc for years... Then boom! Another book like questionnaire sent to us.

I'm not well, he's not well; it's added pressure and stress and I actually cry filling them in... Going through everything again.

It's awful.

You have my sympathies.

You're right the government needs to get their priorities in order.

I'm sick and tired and fed up with it all too.

Good luck to you my love xxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.