Lexapro 10 mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

I started this on this past Monday..Day 6 for me.  I have had loss of appetite, nausea, a burning or flushing feeling..weak ..and a couple of nights insomnia.  The insomnia I hope has subsided, howeveer I found myself a little dizzy headed and flushing today..a miserable feeling...pain in my teeth and cheek area..I understand these should subside..but this is terrible.  Its a roller coaster.  How long does this last?

3 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ann, they say like 2 weeks and it should be a lot better, everyone is different. I didn't have bad side effects really at all. When I felt alittle nauseous, I usually ate alittle something and that helped, kind of a hard time falling asleep yet, I have Dr next week, gunna ask. I've been on Lexapro for almost 3 months, and I do feel great, so hang tough!! It's so good! Beth
    • Posted

Thanks Beth.. its kinda scary at times...especially the flushing sorta like hot flashes...I slept better last night.. ..I take mine at dinner every night so its with food..because of my stomach. Maybe in the next few days my body will adjust.  

• Posted

I took my first one today. I don't know I can continue. Destroys my stomach. Anxiety triples. Not sure if will continue.
    • Posted

Jay it is tough..I have flushing or like hot flashes..I take it with my dinner to prevent other stomach issues....This was day 6 for me and just hoping and praying the next few days things will calm down.  Good luck to you.
    • Posted

How are you doing? I had to stop after first dose. Thinking about starting again, but with some over Med to tone down anxiety.
    • Posted

Jay,

I seem to be much better today..not as much anxiety but some.  No stomach issues now..and woke this morning with anxiety and flushing but not as severe.  Hopefully another couple of days and I will see some better results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.