Candesartan. dry painful eyes.

Posted , 3 users are following.

after minimal success with unbearable side effects of amniodipine...my gp is trying to manage my blood pressure on cadersartan.

sadly my eyes have reacted ...dry sore painful to blink.....in fact unbearable.

has anyone else experienced this dry eye syndrome,

certianly I shall be seeing my Gp as I cannot deal with the challenging discomfort...that has been worsening...by the day.

thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

There are very good eye drops - lubricating eye drops available now.  I take Candersartan and use a computer all day nearly every day.  No need to have dry eyes.  Note - lubricating drops, not wash drops.   Which country do you live in?  In the Uk Sainsbury's do Hypromellose very reasonably.  Boots do Blink - make sure it's the one for dry eyes. Clinitas Soothe is also brilliant.  
  • Posted

Dear Louise 21984

thank you for replying😊

i reside in the UK....and n the UK..London .

i

i shall certainly looks ok into  your suggestions as I have no other issues with candersatan.

have a lovely week.

kitekat🍁🍂🍃

• Posted

I had the same problem, couldn't even read they were so sore. It passed after 3 weeks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.