Predisolone

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi

My husband is reducing predisolone, he is very tired and has no interest in most things, he has no energy at all, doctor is doing more tests, what can I do to help him .

Thanks

Junie

0 likes, 96 replies

96 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Was he diagnosed with both Polymyalgia Rheumatica and GCA?  How long has he been on steroids and at what dose?

Fatigue is a common side effect of steroids and can also be a symptom of PMR.  There isn't a magic pill for it unfortunately, but it can be managed.

• Posted

He is down to 1mg every other day,

He has been on them for about 9 months

• Posted

That seems a quick reduction. I would wonder about the speed and whether GP instigated. I am just at 9.5 after about 8 months and still have some pain (manageable) and some fatigue but nothing like before steroids. Sounds to me like your husband is the way I was before diagnosis. Does he have pain? Someone with more experience and knowledge will be along to advise.
    • Posted

He has no pain, just so tired, he just has no energy at all
    • Posted

The tiredness will be awful and lack of energy is so difficult to manage. Are you reasonably fit? I realise you will have to deal with so much more and you need to take care of yourself as well as your husband.....not easy.
    • Posted

It is not easy, I have health issues, we are reasonably fit, but he just has no get up and go, I think it's got up and gone.

Junie

• Posted

It won't be easy if you also have health issues and it's often the case. Your description of having no get up and go along with pain etc. describes how I was before diagnosis. Was your husband like that prior to diagnosis? I know you said he has no pain at present.
    • Posted

Before taking predisolone, he was always on the go, he had lots of energy, he now has none
    • Posted

I had lots of energy and was always on the go prior to PMR. What prompted the diagnosis? Did he have classic pain symptoms or what led to his diagnosis?

• Posted

Last March he had pain in legs and upper arms, doc started him on 15mg

• Posted

It does sound like adrenal glands need checking. I hope this will be done with the tests the GP is pursuing. 
    • Posted

Will be talking to his GP

Thanks so much

Junie

• Posted

I hope you have some resolution soon. Please let us know how your husband gets on. Best wishes.
    • Posted

I will let you all know

you are all a great support

Thank you

Junie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.