150 mg to 225mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

dr wants me to up venlafaxine to 225mg will there be any side effects

when i  went from 75 to 150 felt bad for two weeks and what are the benefts in going  up another 75mg

my mood at the moment is up and down from day to day  could be good for 4 days and down for 2 would welcome feedback

thanks all

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tony, before you go higher, I think you should read an article I am sending you.  I was on Effexor for 12 years before failing to come off of it, having protracted withdrawal for 10 months.  If I can spare anyone going down the path I went....
    • Posted

Hi Besy any chance i could have the article too??. I am taing your advice and will be seeing GP next Tuesday to discuss. Thanks for your words of wisdom and your experiences with V of course
    • Posted

Sure, Jenny!  Will send it right over.  We need to advocate for ourselves, because messing with these drugs is not benign.
    • Posted

Hi Betsy could you send me the link also I was on citalopram for 7 years and came off it and within 7 months I was overcome with the worst anxiety ever and was put back on citalopram but it failed to work so was given pregablin and venlafaxine I only started on ven last July. I still have anxious days and days where I feel really angry but I can go to work and enjoy my children again.
  • Posted

Hi Tony - for what  its worth wheen i increased my dose from 150mgs up to 225

itt  did help me for about a month - then it was all the same as before. it may be betther for you as it can be different. I would say that having 4 days when you are feeing well is preety good though for now.

I think take Betsy advice here I am doing so. Best withes J

• Posted

Hi Tony I went from 150mg to 225 I have now settled on 300 I take 150 in morning and 150 at 9pm I feel so much better now I was scared of going to the 300 but it has made a difference in me I had side effects for a few days then I was fine now o feel like I'm more myself again.
    • Posted

yes its the thought of going upwards glad you are better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.