Uterine Fibroids

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a UFE 2 weeks ago and I'm getting either a fever or hot flushes but not sure which it is. I have no other signs of Menopause. When I had zoladex injections I had very bad hot flushes this feels different. Not sure if I can have a test done to see as my procedure could have put me into Menopause.

So do I wait till I have fully recovered or get a test done. Wondered if anyone else had this after UFE I'm 49 years old

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I was 46 when had same proccedure with in 2 or 3 weeks I was in menopausal symptoms. You can have a hormone blood test which can indicate if your on the change. But if think it's a fever should either phone ur gyno or Gp straight away.x

• Posted

Hi kizzy thank you for your reply. I will get that test done. Cos I read online that Zoladex which I had last year gives an extreme version of the menopause. And I'm thinking it's not hot flushes cos they are not as bad but I suppose the real menopause hot flushes may not be as bad if that makes sense. If it carries on I will see my GP.

Got backache today and just been sick. Oh the joys! Hope you are well x

• Posted

Hi Patricia

Depends on each person iv got friends who really suffer nite flashes. Are you on medication now and is it this medication that's making you sick. If not and hot temperature and being sick could be infection. Do you have any pain in the abdominal area and smelly gross discharge.

If so ring your hospital and ask to speak to gyno asap. x

• Posted

I'm ok now patricia but I was sick in hospital when I had it done pain killers morphine upset my stomach. x
    • Posted

Hi I have rang the hospital as I have a brown discharge I can't seem to find a bad smell though so will just see what the hospital think x
    • Posted

Hi Patricia

Hope they get in touch soon to put ur mind at rest. But do follow up with other phone calls if hospital Don,t get bk to you with in a reasonable time or your symptoms get any worse.x

• Posted

Hospital told me to see my GP so I have an appointment in the morning. Thanks X

I will keep you posted

• Posted

Yes please let me know how you go on with GP and glad you got a quick response and an appointment. x
    • Posted

Hi doc said I have an infection and gave me anti biotics I still feel sick so taking it easy x
    • Posted

Hi

Hopefully after 3 or 4 days you will start to feel better when the antibiotics have gotten into your system. If feel no better after weekend and still feeling sick/being sick might need different antibiotics. Let me know how you get on. Hope your feeling better soon x

• Posted

Thanks Doc seemed to think it wasn't a bad one so fingers crossed x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.