Citalopram side effects

Posted , 6 users are following.

ive benn prescribed citalopram but am going on holiday in 5 days.

should I wait until after to start them? 

Im worried the side effects won't have stopped by then and don't want to ruin my holiday by feeling even worse.

how long do the negative effects tend to take to wear off?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi colour

if you can wait, I would say start after your holiday. First two weeks can be hard going with possible side effects.

Wishing you better

xx

• Posted

I think everyone is different. Some people do not have side effects. I would think with in 5 days you'd of gotten over side effects that may be bothering you. But I'm no expert nor medical prefessional at all.
  • Posted

You are wise to ask this question.  I do not know about this drug, but I do know that it is wise to choose the best time to begin any new medication.  I made the mistake of taking my new anti-depressant on a Monday morning right before going to work and I collapsed at work because of the side effects.  So my advice is that if it is safe for you to wait, then I would wait until after your holiday.
  • Posted

Thanks all!! You're comments have been really useful, I've decided to wait until I get back just to make sure smile
    • Posted

Hi i am new to this site and all this teck stuff so please bear with me i have been takeing citalapram for many years now and belive me i think i have tryed most but have found this 1best for me so
    • Posted

As i said new to this but its up to you i think so why not have holls then start when u get back

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.