Joe

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi new to forum.

Have had an array of examinations CT / COLONOSCOPY / GASTROSCOPY ETC. My symptons are sharp stabbing pain on left side of abdomen, under left side of rib cage and around to the left side and into my back. Tummy sore to touch.on left side. Been going on for nearly 2 years now. Recently went to GP in agony and he thought I had got diverticulitus abcess and referred me with a letter straight to hospital. Went to A to E but told to take buscopan and discharged !. But pain has got worse. Does not get worse after eating. Stools thin and short. This bout or flare up has been ongoing for last 4 days. Cant sleep and it is getting me down. Any ideas / thoughts?

Thanks

Joe

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi joe I've got excate same pain and every symptom you've got I've also had it for 2-3 yrs and I've been on buscopan since but it don't work I'm going to the Drs again tomorrow for bloods and to provide stool samples I don't know if you think you have a lump on the left side as I feel I have 1 but I've had a ultra sound scan and there's nothing there hopefully something will get sorted 
    • Posted

Hi ,

No lump on left side. Am awaiting more blood tests. Have tried Buscopan but no joy. My symptoms are wierd in that I can bend, move, walk etc and the pain doesn;t change - it does not hurt when I breathe in and out. The pain does not change whether I am standing, sitting or laying down. It is just constantly there nagging/burning and tearing sensation. Have go to have another gastroscopy. Had it now for about 2 years.

Regards

Joe

• Posted

I'm the exact same, I took IBS some years ago after food poisoning, it also changed my life, I had to make sure there were toilet within radius, 2colonoscopies later they found diverticulitis IBS and heamaroiids(excuse spelling) it's chronic, I also have gastric reflux

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.