Never ending headaches

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm a 17 year old female and have suffered from headaches/migraines for nearly a year now.

Keep in mind, the headache is there all day everyday. It hasn't gone away since I got them. When I first went to the doctor I didn't get taken seriously- I still don't. I got told they were tension headaches and I needed to relax. So I was given all sorts of medication naproxen, sandimigraine and topirimate. Then on I never had a full week of school, I needed sleep to take away the pain, even though sometimes the headache was that bad I couldn't sleep i was in that much pain so I had to go on sleeping pills. I got a referral to the neurologist which was 4 months away. So I tried a naturopath they said I wasn't eating enough food in my diet and I was running out of fuel which I didn't believe because I've always been a good eater, so I listened to their advice ate the right foods, used magnesium and vitamin B but still no change. Then I went to the headache clinic, she said my neck out of alignment. So I went for a few weeks and the next day after I would vomit because of how hard she pressed on my neck, I would be in so much pain and I saw no improvement so I stopped going there. I then went to an optometrist since I'd get the occasional sore eyes and everything was fine. Eventually 4 months passed and my neurologist appointment came, I just had "chronic headaches/migraines" so they upped the dosage of topirimate to 100mg and booked me in for an mri scan. That done nothing for me so I went back to the doctors and got put on nadolol so I'm seeing how that goes. I tried acupuncture the other day also and saw no change, but will try a few more sessions. I'm going to try Botox as my last resort as I've heard it could help as well.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I can't do the things I love to do. I can't run and play netball because it hurts my head too much. I feel sick everyday and I just don't think I can live with this anymore it's effecting my life. If the mri scan doesn't show anything, then I have no hope to cure my headaches and I'm going to have to live with this forever.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey Britts,

I can assure you the Botox is well worth a try its helped me.

Plus ask your dr for Sumatriptan it stops my headaches when they strike,  Also think about Pregabalin and Verapamil as preventative meds.

Hope this helps, good luck

• Posted

I had no relief for 30 years. Then naratriptan seemed to help. Even hysterectomy didn't change it or treatment for Lyme disease. All very well known causes of such bad migraines.

All of a sudden my gallbladder started ailing and went to doctor. They took it out and ...no more migraines....even the things that uses to set them off like stress or smelly things or bending forward a bunch. Riding roller coasters... All can be done. They say it is not the reason they are gone but I know better. I used to eat lettuce in salad daily and they said it is the most difficult food to digest. So I stopped until gallbladder removed. Had a headache first week with salad but now I eat them ok. Just not too often or I have tummy discomfort and feel like I could get a headache. I haven't gotten one but am carful still with lettuce.

Anything set them off almost daily prior to gallbladder surgery.

Look at hard to digest foods such as lettuce and broccoli. I would cut them out for 3 weeks and if it gets better get gallbladder checked. No reason to suffer daily. I feel for you!

• Posted

I feel you might had very what I have called conversion disorder. Chronic reaction on body from stress everything from stress is poured into physical symptoms. Research conversion disorder and tell me what you think

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.