Starting withdrawls from tramadol.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I can not say it enough. If your going to detox, put a plan together before you begin. Know what to expect and what you can do to help yourself. Don't be afraid to go to your doctor before beginning the process if needed.

Most of all, get someone tyou can call to talk with who will support and encourage you. If needed, go to a support group.

There are so many options but explore them all before you start.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, iv been on tramadol for 3 yrs now after a accident.. pharmacy cocked up my prescription.. I was taking 100mg slow release morning and evening n have had to use 50mg while waiting for my prescription.. It's been 6 days without my 100mg so decided this is best time to try come off.. I felt ok until today!!.. my question to you is, can withdrawal take that many days to properly kick in ? I can't even explain how I feel. X
  • Posted

jr10060 My GP just prescribed Tramadol and took me off oxycodone wiich had little side effects when i stopped taking it . I picked my prescription up and read what happens to you trying to get off . That is a physical addiction i dont care how you paint it . The government is just trying to make it most difficult for GPs to despence with the prescription . Crazy !
    • Posted

Regardless, you will have withdrawls from it that are tough. Did your doctor explain that it has a morphine product in it. That is what makes it addictive. Did you ask you doctor aboit Norco? Just be careful.
    • Posted

Yes a Dr at a pain clinic explained type of drug tramadol is and said it's not something he would prescribe for long term use but that was about yr n hlf ago n not seen since. Iv asked gp n she said it's not something she know much about then thts it. This is why iv decided to come off now since withdrawal has begun I may as well go through it now.. I'm tking 50mg x 2 daily sometimes x 3 at moment. I can see why people stay on them .. I know I want to be off but cnt help questioning why I'm putting myself through this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.