3 weeks now

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have never experienced pain like this in my entire life,I have to work-anual fissure is destroying me-its infact separating me with my husband! It was as if I was healing 3days back-but now constipation is back again-I try hard to take lots of water,Apple,Yellow bananas etc but all in vain!

I visited a doc,i was given some medicine and anusol cream.....what should I do? I cant live like this forever-am so down....and people around me dont even understand that.

Please advise me....am dying

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello Sharon,

I have been suffering on and off with fissures for the past year and a half. I have followed these blogs and actually tried a remedy recommended with a gluten / dairy free diet along with cutting out sugar and red meats along with drinking 1 gallon of water per day. gag! It was almost as bad as the fissure itself. I have decided that the only way to heal is to do every thing possible not to re-split the fissure during my daily morning poops. Here's what I have done and its working! Doctors will tell you not to over use laxitives as your body will become addicted them. I have found there are vegtable based laxitives that are less harsh on your system. I bought a bottle of Senna tablets 8.6 mg at walgreens. I take one pill before bed and recommomend 1 in the morning and 1 at night for the first week. I also never sit when I poop. When If feel the urge to go, I stand at the toilet, wait for it to come, then slowly bend down and let it come. Keep in mind you may have some clean up in the beginning but you will learn to aim. I have mastered it now and have a big smile every time I go without pain. It truly makes my day. There are also devices out there called the  "squatty potty" that will help you avoid sitting. Its been 3 weeks now sinse I started and have been pain free. In the beginning, I had very waterly poops but now they are turning more solid and I still have no pain. I have returned to my normal diet with all the good and bad things I like. I firmly believe the only way to heal is from the inside out. If you cause a split, The healing proess starts over. I am planning to do for this 6 months and then wean myself off of the laxitives. I truly feel confident I am on the road to recoverey. Keep you posted. Good luck!     

• Posted

Sharon,

One other thing I forgot to mention, keep a bottle of witch hazel near your toilet. Squirt some on a tissue and compress or dab after you wipe. I cleans and refreshes. Feels good!

• Posted

I have decided to have my surgery as there is no change at all,pray for me my dears....i feel kind of scared...but i believe all will be well.

To those who answered me thanks-you showed me the direction to go...and tomorrow i will be on my recovering journey i believe.

Thanks alot

• Posted

I totally understand and know exactly how your feeling....it sure is rough some days. Not sure if you've seen my previous post however I just had my surgery on mine yesterday and I'm hoping this will finally sort it and be the end of a years pain.

Nothing I had been prescribed from the docs worked for me unfortunately and my change of diet didn't make any difference. I would 100% get refered to the hospital and see what they suggest.

• Posted

I have decided to have my surgery as there is no change at all,pray for me my dears....i feel kind of scared...but i believe all will be well.

To those who answered me thanks-you showed me the direction to go...and tomorrow i will be on my recovering journey i believe.

Thanks alot

• Posted

It's normal to be scared I was very nervous but it really wasn't as bad as I thought. I know everyone is different but I would have the surgery for sure as I've not had any pain since. Just make sure you have lots of water after surgery and at least 2 stool softness each day for a while.

I hope it all goes well for you

• Posted

Thanks for the support everyone,i had my surgery and it was a success,happy to feel normal again.

Thanks alot

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.