statins-fibrates and alleged familial high cholesterol

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have tried all the above.  The cholesterol went down from 9 to 5 but at a price: severe leg cramps at night, muscle pain in legs (and arms?), heat sensation in lower legs, severe constipation, insomnia etc. 

This has been going on for the last 6-7 years.  Want to stop altogether.  I am also on 75mg aspirin which I have to take with Omeprazole to prevent stomach bleed. Otherwise healthy 64yo.   Does anyone have some wise words to share? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

regina...just have a look at what others on these forms have suffered through statins...your gp would probably tell you to stop them for a couple of weeks to see if the symptoms improved.....then it is up to you ...
  • Posted

I don't take any medication anymore after very bad side effects. I did tons of research and decided my years of taking statins and aspirin for for nought. Start with "Statin Nation" on you tube.

Just keep delving into the BS about cholesterol and statins. It's like a ridiculous conspiracy.

Go with a good healthly diet, exercise, low stress life style.

• Posted

Just a note. On this mornings NBC they now say that whole dairy products, milk, cheese, yogurt etc are much better for you than skim and low fat.

Go figure.

I have believed this for years. Don't process foods. Eat natural foods.

• Posted

Just like when they told us not to eat eggs bill, now they're staying eat eggs all the time. can't freaking win

• Posted

I have been taking statin all my life some time 80mg most the time 40 mg they never help bother me at all it's very important to take Q10 with them I have been taking OVER 20 YEAR
    • Posted

Some doctors even stipulate that it is a crime to prescribe statins without taking CoQ10. Search google for CoQ10 and statins and you will see the research on how CoQ10 deficiencies can be a huge problem. Your muscles need energy to function and will ache when they have nothing left to function on.....reversely find the clinical trials on heart failure and see what CoQ10 supplementation can do to help these people, google the q-symbio study from Journal of the American College of Cardiology

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.