Esyma just started feeling low

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I've been taking esyma for 5 days and woke up feeling really low, is this normal seems early to get side effects ?

Have fibroid approx 8 x 9cm that causes ridiculous blood loss constant flooding - bowel issues, bladder infections, swollen tummy

Had myomectomy 7 years ago to remove 13cm fibriid fely fantastic after fkat tummy easy periouds , was lucky to get pregnant, cons won't offer anothee myomectomy again suggested hysteroctomy but think that's too final

Anyone ekse had symptoms this early and felt really low?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Same with me. Felt tired dizzy and super headache on 1st day. 2nd month tiredness is killing me. I minimize to sleep because it will gain us weight. But some days need to sleep as headache goes with it. Different side effects really per person. Some have extremes. Im just thankful with what i have. Praying fibroid shrink. Keep visitinf this site. I learned a lot
  • Posted

Hi

Yes, they are normal symptoms when you first started taken Esyma - tiredness and the headaches but hang in there as they do subside just factor in a bit more rest time.

• Posted

Hi shed

I hope the tiredness does pass as at the minute I feel shattered. It seems to hit me about teatime so wondering whether to take tablet later in day so the tiredness hits me at bedtime instead of late afternoon.

Thanks fir teplt

• Posted

Hi Jan I have not taken Esyma but I do have a large Fibroid. I had a UFI done on 18th Jan cos I didn't want a Hysterectomy. I'm 49 so I felt too close to the menopause. I don't want children but I still wanted to keep my Womb. I had flooding issues and feeling down and the belly although the tummy is starting to go down now. I would say do what is best for you and don't be pushed into a Hysterectomy. If you do want more kids go to a different Gyn and get a 2nd opinion. Maybe a different one will do a 2nd Myomectomy. If you don't want more children UFE is a good option as it's less invasive done by Radiology. Be aware that Gyn mostly want to push you into a Hysterectomy by saying no other option. Not true stick to your guns. Good luck whatever you decide. Hope you get relief soon.
    • Posted

Thanks Patricia

Yeah I won't be pushed into hysr they reckon it's less invasive than myomectomy god knows.

If is thst the artery thing?

Jan

• Posted

Hi Jan yeah it's the artery thing sounds worse than it is though. My Gyn told me it hurts and does not work I told him I wanted it anyway. But its not recommended if you want to get pregnant cos they don't know the long term effects for pregnancy.

Im 3 months post op and I'm staying to get better I'm really pleased and I would recommend it. Better than a Hyst any day.

• Posted

Hi

Definitely get a second opinion coz i was told i needed a hysterectomy and i refused.  I had an open myomectomy 9 weeks ago.  They removed 7 fibroids the beggest being 18cm.  I had esmya for 3 months before surgery but dont remember getting any terrible side effects.  

Stick with it but if it is too much thrn go back to ur doctor see if they can change it to another brand.

Wish you well xx

• Posted

Thanks I think I will get a 2nd opinion I could go private with hubby's health work thing but as it's an existing condition I guess they don't cover!! I felt so much better after myomectomy last time. I really don't want hysterectomy yet.

My side effects are strange or there is something else going on, I've never suffered from this kind of tiredness apart from.the earky weeks of pregnancy I feel absolutely shattered!. The sadness is not as bad thankfully. Headaches are an issue though.

Wow 18cm bet you feel fantastic! !!

Thanks for your reply

• Posted

Same here. I immediately felt exhausted, had a headache and hot and cold flushes. I slept in bed all that day. Now, after 1 week I have 3 big zits (I usually never have any), but am feeling better. Still tired, but coping much better. The headaches are short and light, and the flushes not as violent. I resisted for a long time before taking Esmya, because of the possible side effects, but now I felt ready to stand up to them, so I am determined to try to take them as lightly as possible. It also seems like in many cases they slowly get milder. 

By the way, in this forum I read the advice to take them in the evening so that some of the fatigue hits you in the night-time. To me it seems to work. 

• Posted

Hi,

I feel exactly the same.  I am on day 6 of taking Esyma and feel quite low, bloated and my bleeding seems to be getting worse, not better!

I shall try and persevere with them, hopefully we will feel better the longer we take them.

• Posted

Hi Toni

It does get better. Thinking back i bled for the first 6 weeks straight but then it stopped which for me was an improvement as i had been bleeding for 3-4 months at a time!! 😕

I think i did have hot flushes but didnt really take much notice coz i was in a hot country at the time(the Caribbean, was fabulous😄). But things did settle down so hang in there if u can. They shrunk my uterus by 2 weeks size...but i did have a 18cm whopper in there plus multiple others!

We really do go thru it sometimes dont we?? Smh.

All the best

• Posted

We sure do, does anybody have any pain in the tummy area I feel like I've been doing sit ups as have a pain. I am wondering if it's the uterus contracting back to normal size (bit can't imagine it would shrink the fibroid thst quick) I feel less bloated but then I have just had mother nature so always looks less bloated I am hopeful that was my last period fir 3 months.

I also ache and also have a nice spor appearing.

J

• Posted

Hi Velbim,

Thank you, I will try and hang in there!  It's so hard to know what you are feeling is right or not.  I too am having a few flushes, which I know is a side effect.  Hopefully, they will start to kick in soon.

Can I ask, did you have surgery for your whopper?!

Best wishes

• Posted

Hi Toni

Yes i did. I had an open myomectomy but coz of the size i had a vertical scar down my tummy😕 But they removed the whopper plus 6 other fibroids. Had to leave in 'seedlings' due to excessive blood loss. I am 10 weeks post op tomorrow😊 Glad its over n look forward to a new lease of life.

• Posted

Hi

I have just started on esyma 4 days in. I am still bleeding and passing clots. Bit concerned as I'm not sure what should be happening. Can you tell me if this happened to you thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.