Please advise

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello all. I never thought I would find myself in a discussion/support group for a condition. I have always been so healthy. Well, bam, I was diagnosed with Frozen Shoulder. I just turned 52, never had health issues. My question to all is this...Do any of you have allot of pain after a hot water shower? So many advise on taking hot showers, however, ice works so much better for me. I have allot of pain after heat. This is a bizarre condition to say the least. Thanks for any thoughts. 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I agree! Heat makes it very achy. Ice has been my friend for a long time now.
    • Posted

Thanks, Kim. I appreciate the response. I hope you're doing well!
  • Posted

Hi Teri

Yes this is the most bizarre condition!! But I don't know how I would of coped without my trustee hot water bottle and heat mat ... No ice for me ? Hope you get over this soon.

• Posted

Thanks, Cindy. I do use a hot water bottle if it aches. I use cold if it burns. Seems it's always switching . I hope you're doing well.
  • Posted

Ice did it for me, however when the shoulder finally "froze" the pain pain went and I used heat to loosen it (didn't help that much but you have to try!)

Good luck with it, I had (successful) Arthoscopic Capuslar Release sugery two years ago. I'm sure you've done lots of research but in case you missed it:  shoulderdoc.co.uk in my opinion gives a very good overview of the options.

• Posted

Thank you, Tonto 52. It's hard for me to know which stage I'm in? It doesn't seem to hurt as bad, but now sleeping is difficult. It is great to hear success stories. Teri 0619
  • Posted

Hi Teri,

I have been through phases lately where heat is bother me too. Ice works great too.  This is a chanagable issue, that's for sure.  Been feeling so tired this last week, I mean no energy. Guess the pain is just draining my body, duno.  Hope you all feel well soon.

• Posted

Thanks, Jenn. Yes, cold seems better now. I am sorry you are tired I finally started doing cardio again, and I feel so much better with energy. For me it's more menatlly draining. But, the pain has diminished a bit, so am grateful!! All the best.
  • Posted

It's got to be heat for me! The cold makes me ache. I don't know what I would do without my beanbag.biggrin
  • Posted

This is the most bewildering condition. Do whatever helps you most. I would have eaten the leg of the table if I thought it would have helped me. I'm coming to a year in now and it's been the most difficult of my life. I'm nearly 60 and I can't seem to get my health back. This forum has been a lifeline. The support has been wonderful. Thank you all so much. I have found a TENS machine very helpful. Mind yourself.x
  • Posted

Hi Teri - like others, I vote for both smile

Nothing helps sometimes, though being on the forum is a good distraction!

Ice for the burning sort of pain. (Quitting nasty physio got rid of that type of pain for me too.)

Heat for the deep achiness and before any gentle stretches. I think there's a difference between dry heat and moist heat too. You might find dry heat better - like a bean bag or heating pad. But I found moist heat went deeper and was more effective - spritzing the heating pad.

Always do what works for you - seems to be the key with FS!

Liane

• Posted

Hi, I also find hot showers painful. My chiro has told me to use cold as it helps to reduce inflammation. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.