FROZEN SHOULDERS

Posted , 6 users are following.

Thank you. I have been suffering from FS since the day I retired in August 2015. It started off with a sensation of my arms being pulled out of the socket. I have 2 frozen shoulders. One has more ROM. Then they became so bad felt like electricity running down my arms. One wrong movemail or sudden jolt I would scream. Went to an orthopedic surgeon, had MRI which showed bursitis tendinitis frozen shoulders and degeneration of cervical disc. Never had an injury or broken bones. Opted out on the cortisone shots but took meloxicam. It seems to help with the inflammation. Found a chiropractor in Dallas that specializes in FS . He said most FS root cause is the Cranial nerve 11. Which controls your shoulders and arms. He does adjustment to your neck but this adjustment really cracked loud. Doesn't hurt at all. Then works deeply on shoulders front and back and arms. This hurts a little. I had to quit going because it's a 2 hour drive for me. But had great improvement. Now it's been 8 months I really have no pain only in morning feels like a knuckle punch in the shoulders. My orthopedic surgeon wants to do MUA manipulation under anesthesia. Not sure I want to do this. If you have pain, the best thing that help me was the Tens Unit. Bought mine at CVS the ordered one from Amazon. Miracle on pain. Let me know what you think or any more advice is wonderful. This FS takes the life out of you. God Bless

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Go for MUA and you wont look back! Honestly you will get your life back smile

This is a vile condition which really needs more reseach...........Don't wait around - you don't have to suffer any longer - do it!!! I underwent this proceedure last year - had to have it repeated 6weeks later but oh my goodness I am alive and living my life and frozen shoulder is no more! Good luck with whatever you decide smile 

• Posted

Hi Lissette...sorry to hear about the pain - we all here can empathize! From what I've read here and from many places online, there seem to be two camps of thought about FS. One is to throw as many treatments at it as possible, and the other is to let it heal completely naturally.

Most of us lean toward one camp, but might try a thing or two or three from the other. It's really up to you, based on how your FS is doing and the medical advice you feel best about.

I'm in the natural camp, but tried cortisone, physio (the aggressive kind was harmful), and needed painkillers. My doctor offered MUA, but I declined simply because it's too aggressive for me, particularly when they don't know the cause of FS, can't predict the outcome, and I'd have to do expensive physio afterwards anyway. 

Read lots and ask your doctor lots of questions. You'll make the right decision for you!

Liane smile

• Posted

Hi lissette,

i have one shoulder that is in the same condition. Mine is caused by a torn rotator cuff and a build up of collagen that restricts movement. It is painful. Every now & then like you I would zig when I should have zagged and scream out in pain. So your not alone.

Finally I was sent to a dr who specializes in Xiaflex injections for frozen shoulder. It's was just FDA  approved for frozen shoulder reciently. It's a enzyme that breaks thru the collagen that restricts movement in my shoulder. It worked and now I can move my shoulder easier. It was such a relief. It took therapy to strengthen the joint and arm and excerises to continue to build strength in the tendons and muscle to hold the should joint in place. The collagen build up had weakened it so much I could barely liftt a half gallon of milk.

Good luck to you and whatever u decide I hope your on the mend soon!

• Posted

The TENS machine is indeed a miricle on pain. I haven't had MUA but other forum members have benefited from it so do consider it. Best of luck.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.