Head lump causing pain.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey, so for about 3/4 years now I've had a small, pea sized lump on the top of my scalp. It's hard, doesn't move, looks smooth and red and hasn't grown in size. I've been to see a few nurses who have said it seems like a cyst but it's strange it doesn't move as scalp cysts typically can be moved under the skin. It occasionally causes pain and have been told it's usually infected when the pain starts, although there are no other signs of infection.

Any advice?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have you got any other symptoms?? Itching, warts that won't go away, feeling very very tired all the time?? Anything unusual besides the lump.

If you do, and even if you don't I would ask for a full blood test to be on the safe side. In my experience lumps mean Cancer, it did for me. Not trying to scare you into it but that's my suggestion. It probably isn't but a full blood count wouldn't hurt anyway.

Hope this is somehow useful. X

• Posted

I've had full blood tests recently for something else and everything came back clear other than vitamin D levels. No nothing else. They've said I could have it removed if it was irritating me, so I may have that done so they can tests it. Just wanted to see if anyone had similar cysts that was all. Thanks both for your advice.
    • Posted

Cool. It was a long shot that it was but sometimes the most unexpected things are. Sorry I wasn't any help. Xx
    • Posted

Yeah of course. No it was good to get some advice, thank you! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.