I have very itchy skin but do not know why or to categorise my malady

Posted , 5 users are following.

It started two years ago. I thought my skin was red raw and weeping and very itchy. Looking at the ares there were no signs of rednes or weeping or heat. The itch seemed to be under my skin. This was round my waist and I thoght it to Shingels, wrong! I was given ointment that soothed the area. then my toes, same toes on each foot became bright red. I got cream for these. After two days application I lost my taste buds. I googled and found that the USA had exactly the same results with a foot cream and they removed it from their system. Apparently my taste buds will come back in 6 months to 2 years. I can eat anything good or bad because i have no taste buds to alert me! Stopped that ointment and Doctor gave me the same companies gel to reduce the heat in my tongue, the thickening of my lips and the ache in my gums. My dentist removed three teeth and told me not to come back to himtill my mouth was healed.

Now I itch is still with me, it moved to my calves then thighs to my lower arms, to my shouders the down my back to my lower lumber area.

How do I classify this itc that has moved over my body in such a parallel fashion? Doctors? Chancers, try this pill or cream and if it does not work come back because they have plenty more diferent ones to try.

In Medical Universities the lecturers tell a joke. Patient complains to have itchy toes. Doctor gives him a cream to clear up the itch. The Patient thinks then asks if it will work? Yes says the Doctor because I have been using it myself for the last 20 years.

I am the butt of this joke and I appeal to anyone to help me rid myself of this itch. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

is it possible the original waist rash was an allergy eg belts sometimes contain nickel buckles for example.
  • Posted

Well don't use any creams yur right about that. If you read any of my post you'll see why. The creams can cause addiction then you result in relying on them.

For most part what it sounds like is you do have a common skin issue. Maybe something as simple as dandruff of the skin or something that resembles jock itch. And yes your right doctors r goin to want to give u this and that cream and that's how addicto on sets in.

If you haven't tried already a dandruff shampoo or use tar soap/shampoo. I know I had this itch on legs then back up to arms then to stomach and seems like every time I would use that dandruff shampoo or tar soap itch went away. I wouldn't use every day just like 1 or 2 days in a row and gone for good.

More I've read up though on skin I'm starting to lean more to the only fixes rely from what goes in yur body. A crud load of doctors even ones where I ready there studies and reports that i take suggestions about the skin very serious, they even claim diet has nothing to do with it

But countless times I've run into a post of this person to that person where diet changed. For me I like to call myself the glorified researcher. I'll keepdigging and digging to find answers. Eventually if you analyze along the way you'll find the answer depends how bad you want your specific answer.

But from what I'm starting to research and going past the diet eat some wheat grass annoying guru. Things about testing your gutt, toxins that leak out all this stuff. I'm not scientific by any means. But i do research the hell out of it.

So anyways. Quick fixes. Tar soap. Or try caldesene powder. That powder comes in a pink bottle honestly that powder seems like a miracle cure for skim irritation.

Long term fixes I'm leaning towards more what goes in your body route. But in the end go with educated and proven suggestions andore importantly go with the one you truly believe will work and then it probably will. All the best my friend.

I

• Posted

I second this question, did you use a steroid cream of any kind?
    • Posted

If you did, i'd suggest you research TSW ( topical steroid withdrawal syndrome / red skin syndrome)

For me what's helping is zero therapy, moisturiser withdrawal and pressure dressings.

Please be careful what you use on your skin, especially the raw areas. Even natural products can cause reactions

And I've been mistreated by many in the medical profession for most of my life! It's horrendous. I'm seriously ill and predominantly bedridden.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.