Silent Migraines

Posted , 2 users are following.

Is this the correct area to talk about silent migraines?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yeah, I am on the dizzy forums a lot. I was looking over symptoms for Silent Migraine or vestibular migraine and it seems to match up. I was looking for feedback to see if it matched up for others and if they found meds to fix the problem.
    • Posted

Just to give u a bit of a summary of what I went through (you may recall once reading this). Last June, headaches started and increasingly became worse, 24/7. Soon after, dizziness and then vertigo episodes. Vertigo became an issue after I underwent balance testing, in my mind, made vertigo the forefront of my agony. In September, had one episode where I lost consciousness due to the head and neck pain. All tests (MRI, CT and EEG came back normal). Positive for bi-lateral BPPV, although questionable in my ENT doc's mind. November, began seeing a pain specailist for nerve block injections. Throughout the course of a couple of weeks, Injections provided to various areas of temporal, frontal areas of head and sides of neck. Voila! Started to see more range of motion in my neck (my SCM is extremely taut) and with that, dizziness started to lift. Not gone, but relief. More often than not, I could now walk without feeling like I was being pushed to one side or feel like I was going to pass out. Fast forward to this past February, and I started seeing another acupuncturist. First one did nothing for me. I was desperate and thought I would try another. Read great reviews on him and his work, they call him the migraine whisperer...lol. Anyways, first session with him and my headache was miraculously (in my mind), gone. But...only to come back in a couple of hours. Common. I am now on my 7th treatment and can now say that I am headache free most days. Dizziness is still troublesome at times but I am far better than I was before. Night blindness is still an issue for me. I am praying that gets better in time. I am also on Amitriptyline, 20 mg, at night. Between these 3 treatments (pill, nerve block injections & acupuncture), something is working. Fingers crossed.
    • Posted

I should also add that today I visited an oral surgeon for TMJ pain. Oddly enough, I feel the pain and clicking on left side, yet after looking at my xray and palpating areas of my right side, he said that area has severe inflammation and the left side has moderate inflammation. All in all, I believe this is all connected through stress. It has played havoc on my body.
    • Posted

Didn't realize that inflammation can become a chronic issue. Always thought that an area becomes inflamed, treat it, and it heals. Certainly can be the answer to a lot of issues. Times magazine called inflammation the secret killer. I can now understand that.
  • Posted

Can you have a vestibular migraine and be light headed all the time or just when an attack happends. I am always light headed or feel like I am a little drunk.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.